The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 04-08-2015, 03:42 PM

Default NGD Cordoba "Cadete"

I mentioned before that I was looking for a better "armchair" guitar.....when I didn't feel like going in the other room and plugging in the electric....

My searche let me to the Cordoba....But no one in town had one I could look at. I called my local GC and the nice fellow said they'd ship one to my house and if I didn't like it I could bring it to the store for a full refund.
Couldnt' beat that..... Arrived yesterday.

This is a 3/4 size classical guitar, technically a student model. However, it doesn't look cheap at all. Very nice, in fact. Nicely figured solid top, excellent gloss finish gold tuners...Very classy.
The size is perfect for what I wanted. Small enough to hold comfortably in my easy chair, neck profile and nut width both much closer to my other instruments than the very "clunky" Takamine I had just sold.
And it has top-edge fret markers. (I know.....But I'm used to 'em")

Sounds very nice as well. One welcome feature is some genuine bass response, unlike the little Yamaha "guilele" I've been using.
Thing is strung with Savarez "high tension" strings, likely due to the slightly shorter scale.
I will likely replace these at some point with the equivalent D'Addario Pro Arte jobs....The unwound strings on this set have a rather greasy feel...

So far, so good....I'm well pleased. BTW, I'm using this for fingerstyle jazz, not classical.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:18 PM
Charter Member

Default NGD Cordoba "Cadete"

Congrats on your new Córdoba. I recently got a C9 Parlor 7/8 size (630 mm). It's all solid and has the mahogany tone I love and yes surprisingly it's got a very nice bass response for a smaller body.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:38 AM

Those strings came standard on my Cordoba Fusion. Just changed them out yesterday. They are a bit more expensive than others but they sound and feel real nice.

Last edited by GHS; 04-09-2015 at 05:38 AM. Reason: spelling

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical