The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 10-03-2010, 04:37 PM

Default I am proud to present CleanTab - Guitar & Bass Tabs in HTML5

Hello everyone, I am really excited because, this weekend, I released a major update to my guitar tab website CleanTab. I would love it if anyone who checks it out could provide some input for me. How do things look? Do you like the new layout? All the help I can get would be appreciated. Here is some more information from the CleanTab Blog:

Today, I rolled out a completely brand spanking new version of CleanTab. There are changes that affect every part of the site and there are some new parts all together.Guitar Tab Our layout has changed substantially. CleanTab is far easier to navigate and simply a joy to browse. CleanTab’s song archive is far more comprehensive, and now boasts over 320,000 tablatures! There are new organization features to make searching easier, and I have added a vast library of bass tablatures. I have also integrated some other really cool features into the site like; recommendations, Facebook syncing, a forum, new sorting algorithms, improved search, tags & genres, and music videos!

Youtube music videoI started CleanTab as a hobby project. It quickly grew and became a full fledged guitar archive. One of the reasons for this update is that, shortly after I made CleanTab, I realized that by archiving and displaying guitar tabs I was stealing from the artists that created the music.

To remedy this, CleanTab now joins the ranks as a guitar tab search engine. The cool part is we will still display tabs using our patent pending tab formatting engine. But, these tabs are not stored on our servers. We provide a link to the sites that host them and encourage our users to visit them. Also, when available, CleanTab displays advertisements for the original albums, mp3s, and tablature books of songs our search engine has indexed. We will offer these services through two trusted retail outlets Amazon.com and iTunes.

For the next several days, perhaps weeks, you will notice small changes here and there while I finalize all of the changes. I would encourage everyone to visit our form and post there. Being a new site, it is quite bare and could use some love. All the help I can get will be appreciated. Also, please support the artists that you love and listen to. Buy their music!

Thanks for visiting!

Rob

Last edited by Mybbor; 10-15-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Charter Member

Just checked it out - very cool!
Old 10-14-2010, 01:45 AM

Thanks Luo, I appreciate the compliment.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:53 PM

Cool stuff man. Since it seems like you are pretty professional about this I will say that it should be "affect" instead of "effect". Sorry, stuff like that drives me crazy
Old 10-15-2010, 04:19 PM

Haha, no worries. Good eye! Thanks for visiting.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell