The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-09-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Zooms View Post
Hi Mr W

I really enjoyed your clips & your J-45 sounds great. Very passionate singing too, lovely.
At the start of your chilled strumming clip, sounds like you're playing a snippet of Little Wing by Jimi Hendrix, which is a bit of a coincidence because I often pick up my J-45 & that's the first thing that comes into my head too!

Pick on & keep singing too

Slim
you are correct! it's not something i usually play, but it felt right that day
Old 12-04-2020, 09:16 AM

An update for a year later: I took this little guy to church the last couple of Sundays as my backup since I'm just kind of waiting for the strings on my J-45 to fail lol. Didn't end up using it, but since it's not sitting up in the closet, I've been playing this guitar the last couple of days. Really nice to sit on the couch and work on some music in a laid back fashion. Really cool to think about this being my Granny's and how we're both making music on it. Thanks again to Steve C. at vintageparlorguitars.com!!!!!
Old 12-04-2020, 10:47 AM
Charter Member

Mr Woody,
Thanks for the update. I Agree. Very cool.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion