The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-24-2019, 06:22 AM

Default enhancing sound

I play my acoustics thru a fishman soloamp.straight thru. it has a trance audio pickup. to enhance the sound ; does anyone use a preamp? or leave well enough alone . thanks.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:32 AM

I often like to add a bit EQ, compression, and a Holy Grail for a touch of hall reverb.

But just for a quick setup, straight into to my Loudbox Artist gives very good results too.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesore View Post
I play my acoustics thru a fishman soloamp.straight thru. it has a trance audio pickup. to enhance the sound ; does anyone use a preamp? or leave well enough alone . thanks.
I use a Fishman SA330 on smaller gigs. I ran straight into it before I got my TC Helicon Play Acoustic. I have a Red Eye preamp but found it unnecessary with the Fishman's preamps. My sound was fine going straight in, but with the Body Rez function on the Play Acoustic the guitar sounds better still.

My other system is a Yamaha board into QSC K10.2 speakers. I need the Red Eye or the Play Acoustic to match the impedance going into the Yamaha's preamps or it's a bit "quacky."

I think the Fishman's preamps are designed to accommodate guitar pre amps given that Fishman's core business seems to be focused on acoustic guitar gear.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:04 AM

I use a Tonedexter for the guitar signal (Martin OM, K&K's) and a Fishman SA220. Best route I have found to the true acoustic sound of your guitar. Makes a huge difference, especially for solo playing where the guitar is a major part of the package.
1951 Rickenbacker Panda lap steel
2014 Gibson Roy Smeck Stage Deluxe Ltd, Custom Shop, K&K's
1957 Kay K-27 X-braced jumbo, K&K's
1967 Gretsch 6120 Chet Atkins Nashville
2014 Gold Tone WL-250, Whyte Lade banjo
2024 Mahogany Weissenborn, Jack Stepick

Ear Trumpet Labs Edwina
Tonedexter

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification