The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-05-2018, 09:08 AM

Default L R Baggs Anthem into Martin DR Centennial ?

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone has had problems fitting the L R Baggs Anthem (pickup & Tru-mic system) controls into the Martin DRC due to the forward X Bracing?

I did notice that someone on amazon had reported that it wouldn't fit into a Martin 00015M due to the "A" bracing style, and had to fit the 'SL' version instead.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:51 PM

If you contact L.R. Baggs they will be able to tell you and they are always quick at getting back in touch. They may suggest the Anthem SL if the full size won’t fit.

Gibson Songwriter Standard EC
Lowden WL-22
Maton SRS808
Taylor AD11-SB
Taylor 811 GT
Taylor Big Baby Walnut
Old 11-08-2018, 08:36 AM

Aha! Good thinking - Thanks
Old 11-09-2018, 04:07 AM

This is the reply I received back from L R Baggs email support:-

"I took a look at the guitar you purchased and did a bit of research on the bracing pattern. You should be able to get the Anthem installed in your guitar with no problem. The only thing that may impact this is if the sound hole support braces are placed differently. From what I could tell the support braces should not be in a different place, but it is a possibility."

And I also asked the LR Baggs forum and had this reply:-

"The forward-shifted X-bracing hasn't ever caused specific issues with the Anthem as far as I know. It's usually only a problem if the soundhole bracing is taller than normal. I've installed the Anthem on shifted-braced Martins before with no trouble.

If you have the guitar already, you can reach your finger in the soundhole and feel for the brace. If it is a "popsicle stick" brace (flat), the Anthem should fit just fine (barring any additional changes that I haven't come across)."

So really good and swift response from L.R. Baggs
Old 01-25-2019, 08:31 AM

Just to complete this thread in case anyone else is concerned..... I picked up my guitar back from the luthier today and the Anthem pickup fits just fine.
Old 02-18-2022, 09:34 PM

Angry LR Baggs Anthem will not fit in the Martin 000-15M

Quote:
Originally Posted by icu81b4 View Post
Hi All, Just wondering if anyone has had problems fitting the L R Baggs Anthem (pickup & Tru-mic system) controls into the Martin DRC due to the forward X Bracing?

I did notice that someone on amazon had reported that it wouldn't fit into a Martin 00015M due to the "A" bracing style, and had to fit the 'SL' version instead.
I just bought the LR Baggs Anthem & went to install it on my 000-15M Streetmaster. It doesn't fit. I see video's on youtube of this guitar with them fitted. The only way would be to shave about 50% off the bracing.

I am a bit fed up as I went onto the martin forum & asked for recommendations & was pointed towards the LR Baggs. When I asked about the two different versions they said dont be miserly & buy the expensive one which I did. If I bought the cheaper SL I would have been fine.

THE FULL SIZE LR BAGGS ANTHEM DOES NOT FIT IN THE MARTIN 000-15M

Hopefully this will help other people who google it. Buy the anthem SL.

Last edited by Jerry French; 02-20-2022 at 10:57 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification