The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 10-01-2018, 01:43 AM

Default Mike Marshall and Darol Anger

Saw these two in concert at Bartlett Arboretum in Belle Plain Kansas today...great great instrumentalists, the concert area is outdoors in a beautiful grove and lake area with a rustic, very intimate stage...I sat up front and they were amazing players, more fiddle and mandolin but some guitar and mandocello. Highly recommend them if they ever get to your area...here is a small youtube clip (not today's concert), also on spotify...good stuff, imo...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxIgfa_rr_4

Last edited by wcguitar; 10-01-2018 at 01:56 AM.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:46 AM
Musical minimalist

Seen them probably a dozen times over the last 30 years in different groups. I also had a really funny thing happen with them at the Denver airport once. Mike Marshall thought he was supposed to know who I was an approached me - LOL. We both got quite a chuckle out of that in the end.

Really good guys and incredible musicians.

Old 10-01-2018, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness1 View Post
Seen them probably a dozen times over the last 30 years in different groups. I also had a really funny thing happen with them at the Denver airport once. Mike Marshall thought he was supposed to know who I was an approached me - LOL. We both got quite a chuckle out of that in the end.

Really good guys and incredible musicians.
Cool story, I had to leave fairly quickly so didn't have time to talk with them but they had a great rapport with the crowd and played for over two hours (with a small break). They had been doing a workshop in the Flint Hills area not far from Belle Plain and knowing someone at the arboretum involved with the monthly concert series it hosts added this concert. Glad I got to see them.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:33 PM

First heard the two of them on Hot Dawg by David Grisman 40 years ago. Love their chemistry and all the groups they have been in since.

My duo had the great honor to open for them in their band Montreux in 1987.

Just saw them in February at Wintergrass outside of Seattle. They still have such an easy rapport and play at a very high level.

1978 Larrivee L-26 cutaway
1988 Larrivee L-28 cutaway
2006 Larrivee L03-R
2009 Larrivee LV03-R
2016 Irvin SJ cutaway
2020 Irvin SJ cutaway (build thread)
K+K, Dazzo, Schatten/ToneDexter

Notable Journey website
Facebook page

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. - Leonardo Da Vinci

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN