The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 09-17-2017, 11:05 AM

I love the artistry on the first one of course, but that last one is definitely my favorite.

Can't wait to see these at Woodstock and finally meet the Kinnaird brothers face to face!
Old 09-17-2017, 02:38 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
I love the artistry on the first one of course, but that last one is definitely my favorite.

Can't wait to see these at Woodstock and finally meet the Kinnaird brothers face to face!
Thanks Tom.
I wish I could take these to Woodstock. I promised them to the owners before I go. But, To quote Yoda, there are others.
Old 09-17-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j. Kinnaird View Post
I cut the tuner holes and washer recesses before I sent it off for the scrimshaw. What really messed me up was when I decided to put a thin layer of epoxie over the top to protect the art work during finishing. BAD idea. All the black coloring inside the scrimshaw cavities dissolve in the epoxie. The epoxie filled the cavities making for an unrecoverable mess. I had to scrape down to the bone (so to speak) and send it back for a do over. (Which was not free . )
You learnt something...it's now scrimshawed into your brain. This is the price of being a custom builder I suppose.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:02 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

John, Nice work . I wish I was going to be able to be at the woodstock show. It sounds like a ton of tun, and of course I would love to "sample" a few of yours. In my opinion, your guitars are only getting better visually and tonally.

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop