The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 03-03-2015, 11:01 AM

Default Hide the track "Hide" button in Logic Pro X

This may seem like a weird thing to obsess about but I can't figure out how to remove the Hide button after it's been activated in Logic Pro X. Most control bars and icon choices are customizable so I'm surprised there isn't an easy way to remove the H button if I decide I don't want the Hide Track function.
BTW - I do know how to enable the hide button (press H) and navigate the function, just not how to remove it.
Why do I care? Curiousity more than anything.

Anyone have a solution???
Thanks.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor B. View Post
This may seem like a weird thing to obsess about but I can't figure out how to remove the Hide button after it's been activated in Logic Pro X. Most control bars and icon choices are customizable so I'm surprised there isn't an easy way to remove the H button if I decide I don't want the Hide Track function.
BTW - I do know how to enable the hide button (press H) and navigate the function, just not how to remove it.
Why do I care? Curiousity more than anything.

Anyone have a solution???
Thanks.
I'm not in front of it but I seem to recall it's a "right" click for show/hide.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Hanna View Post
I'm not in front of it but I seem to recall it's a "right" click for show/hide.
Thanks, Joseph, but I tried that (along with everything else I could think of) and it didn't work. A moderator over on the LogicProHelp forum just informed me that once the Hide button is enabled it stays there, like the solo button! Someone already asked why I care and that's a fair question. Just curiosity really and we all know what happened to the cat that was too curious!!!
Old 03-03-2015, 03:41 PM

Quote:
A moderator over on the LogicProHelp forum just informed me that once the Hide button is enabled it stays there, like the solo button!
No that's simply not correct I hide the "hide" button all the time. When I get home I'll post!
Old 03-03-2015, 06:12 PM

Quote:
No that's simply not correct I hide the "hide" button all the time. When I get home I'll post!
I'll look forward to reading how you remove the Hide button. In the meantime I've discovered that if I turn off the Hide button (above the track headers), save the session, then quit Logic, when I re-open Logic and dial up the same project the Hide button is gone until it is re-enabled (by pressing H on my keyboard). OTOH if I leave the Hide button turned on and repeat the aforementioned steps it is retained. Seems idiosyncratic to me but not really all that bothersome.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
I'll look forward to reading how you remove the Hide button. In the meantime I've discovered that if I turn off the Hide button (above the track headers), save the session, then quit Logic, when I re-open Logic and dial up the same project the Hide button is gone until it is re-enabled (by pressing H on my keyboard). OTOH if I leave the Hide button turned on and repeat the aforementioned steps it is retained. Seems idiosyncratic to me but not really all that bothersome.
Before we go any further, what version of Logic are you running? I'm not yet at X. Maybe there's something I don't get. Otherwise the show hide function in Logic ( I checked last night) works as it always did. That is to say select the "hide" button in the header, select any tracks to be hidden, deselect the hide button in the header.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Before we go any further, what version of Logic are you running? I'm not yet at X. Maybe there's something I don't get. Otherwise the show hide function in Logic ( I checked last night) works as it always did. That is to say select the "hide" button in the header, select any tracks to be hidden, deselect the hide button in the header.
I'm running Logic 10.0.0. In this version there is no Hide button on the track headers, nor is there a master button above the track headers until the Hide function is turned on by pressing H. Then all the Hide buttons appear. The track header configuration options do not include hide/show for the Hide Tracks mode. Both David Nahmani and the aforementioned moderator have confirmed that this is indeed the case in the version of Logic I'm running. I am aware that in previous iterations of Logic the Hide button did not have to be enabled to appear on the track headers. As far as I can tell this change occurred along with the decision to make Logic and Garageband interfaces look the same.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
I'm running Logic 10.0.0. In this version there is no Hide button on the track headers, nor is there a master button above the track headers until the Hide function is turned on by pressing H. Then all the Hide buttons appear. The track header configuration options do not include hide/show for the Hide Tracks mode. Both David Nahmani and the aforementioned moderator have confirmed that this is indeed the case in the version of Logic I'm running. I am aware that in previous iterations of Logic the Hide button did not have to be enabled to appear on the track headers. As far as I can tell this change occurred along with the decision to make Logic and Garageband interfaces look the same.
I thought as much. As much as I love Logic I've kinda let my version get old and out of date. Primary changes to DAW formats can be frustrating I know. One step up, two steps back sometimes.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:31 PM

Quote:
I thought as much. As much as I love Logic I've kinda let my version get old and out of date. Primary changes to DAW formats can be frustrating I know. One step up, two steps back sometimes.
So to your point, the updates to Logic X, (up to 10.0.6 now I think) include a plethora of "fixes" to the one I run. That said, I'll be upgrading my old MacBook in the coming months and at that point will upgrade to the latest version of Logic.
Old 05-21-2021, 04:12 PM

This was driving me nuts too. Finally figured it out. I'm on 10.6.2. OK to reproduce from scratch, right click on any track and select Hide Selected Track(s). You'll see that / those track(s) disappear, and an orange H button will appear on the bar above your track list. Click that H button again and it will turn green, and the hidden tracks will reappear. Now, to get rid of all hide buttons, click the H button so it's orange again. Then right click on any track and select Unhide All Tracks. Now the H button is colorless, and all H buttons on all tracks should be gone. The big H button at the top will hang around until you close and re-open the project.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD