The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-21-2021, 06:26 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
Ditto on the extra foot switch.

One thing I didn't like about owning a Boss looper was having to bend down and use the looper controls to save a loop. That's one of the reasons I like my ElectroHarmonix 1440, the loop is automatically saved unless you clear it with the stop button. No bending over necessary.

I made up a home brew double momentary foot switch for my EHX-1440 and it works well. One button allows sequential loop selection and the other serves as a instant undo - redo. An auxiliary foot switch does make life easier because I can select loops without needing to use the loop selection knob on the looper.

Here's my home brew, made for my EHX720, which is now used with my newer EHX-1440 upgraded looper. All loopers won't work with a simple foot switch like this, and the store-bought ones can often access a third function by pressing both switches simultaneously. This one works great for me and was cobbled together from my parts box stash.

That's a cool little box u made there Rudy!

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ
Old 05-21-2021, 06:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
Assuming the RC-5 is a more powerful version of the RC-3 and if you plan to use more than a few of those memory banks, I strongly suggest adding a dual foot switch. Boss makes good ones, so do lots of other folks. I have a Boss FS-7, which has two switches in line and is about the size of another typical single width pedal. It makes navigating the FS-3 massively easier than it would be without it.

-Ray
Thanks, appreciate the suggestion.
Old 05-21-2021, 07:25 AM

I’ve used the Ditto X2 for years. Works well for what I do. Be careful if you are going to use a looper love. For some pedals, you hear part of the loop when you go to erase it. That’s a big issue in a live Ditto does not do this.

I believe the EH does. Can anyone confirm that?

2010 Taylor 814ce
2008 Taylor 816ce
2008 Taylor 426ce LTD (Tasmanian blackwood)

LR Baggs Venue
Ditto X2 Looper
TC Helicon H1 Harmony Pedal
Allen & Heath ZED 10FX
LD Systems Maui 11 G2
Galaxy PA6BT Monitor
iPad with OnSong
JBL EON ONE Compact (typically only used as a backup)

My Facebook Music Page
My YouTube Page
Old 05-21-2021, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratcat77 View Post
I’ve used the Ditto X2 for years. Works well for what I do. Be careful if you are going to use a looper love. For some pedals, you hear part of the loop when you go to erase it. That’s a big issue in a live Ditto does not do this.

I believe the EH does. Can anyone confirm that?
The EHX two button loopers do NOT have the problem with playing a short portion of the loop before it is erased. EHX makes a small single button looper, but I'm not familiar with that one.

I've used two different single button Boss loopers that did have that problem.

Again, unless you're looking for a very basic mono looper then it's worth taking the time to research your purchase. I use a true stereo looper because I run a guitar to one side and a bass to the other and feed seperate dedicated amps from the output. A mono looper wouldn't do me much good, but it really depends on your intended use and what you anticipate you might do with your looper later.

Last edited by Rudy4; 05-21-2021 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-03-2021, 08:46 PM

Was looking to get a simple looper pedal too. Did some research and decided on the TC Electronic Ditto - $75 US. Very, very easy to use. 5 minute loop time. At the last minute I called an Audible and ordered the Ditto Plus - $129 US. Little more than I wanted to spend on a looper, but it offered 1 hour loop time, the ability to save several loops and more. I figured what the hey, bit the bullet and went for it. They are on back order so wanting on it to come in. Heard good things, but if anyone has a TC Electronic Ditto Plus and cares to share experience with it, I’m all ears.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Stewart NZ View Post
If you have any idea for a good distortion pedal that gives a good clean distortion sound and that is cheap put it on here as well other loop pedals
What's clean distortion?

Regardless, my vote would go to the tc electronic MOJOMOJO pedal I have.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars