The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 03-04-2023, 01:00 PM
Charter Member

Default brands and customer service

A friend has asked me for some guidance on getting her daughter started recording. Before I recommend a lower-cost interface, I'm curious as to how good or bad the customer service is for these brands. So if you have any experience, please weigh in...

M-Audio
IK Multimedia
PreSonus
Steinberg
Audient
Focusrite
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube
Old 03-04-2023, 01:11 PM
Charter Member

Two years ago I boughr a 2 channel Audient interface. (i414?) couldnt register it to unlock software. Wrote cust serv, and less than 24h problem was solved.
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7
Old 03-04-2023, 01:30 PM
Charter Member

Focusrite telephone support is fabulous.

Goodall, Martin, Wingert
Old 03-04-2023, 03:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1960 View Post
I'm curious as to how good or bad the customer service is for these brands. So if you have any experience, please weigh in...

Audient
Focusrite
As most of you know, Learning Digital Recording has been a struggle for this old analog guy.

Focusrite was my first interface. a I818. (Need to sell it cheap. As it is a first or second generation model, and I use my Audient now.)
Forcusrite customer service was excellent. I spent a good 45 minutes on the phone with them as they helped me initialize and understand their product better. That was a few years back.

While Focusrite is a UK company, they did have at the time a U.S help center. This is a big help, as the time difference between U.S and UK often makes it harder for Telephone support. And I looked just now on their website and it says they offer 24/7 365. So They must be offering service from different locations in order to have that 24 hour a day service.

Audient ID44 Service has been excellent. They even got on and did a screen share with me. However, there is still that time difference you have to deal with. You will be talking to them live at odd hours. Email response is good...but there still could be a 2 day delay.

One of the Great things about Sweetwater is they offer Tech Support. They have just recently become a little more stringent on what they will offer. If you have problems, you can get them on the phone and they will offer you help. But they still want you to do it yourself. So they will guide you...but they will not do it for you.

For a new interface, I would say that Focusrite bought through Sweetwater will offer two types of tech support. While I do like my Audient...Focusrite actually was a good interface for less money.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD