The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 03-25-2006, 07:40 AM

Default Can someone help me with the basics of Powertabs?

Hi

I have read the various posts on powertabs and table edit. It is my understanding that powertabs is free. So, I have gone to the site and am trying to figure out:

How do you open up a file for your project?
Do you have the option of saving it and continually working on it (like in MS Word?)
Are they stored on your computer in a folder you create - or are they stored on the PowerTab site?
Is there any type of user manual or instructions?

I would really appreciate the help with the basics if you could spare a minute. I am by no means computer proficient, but I use Word daily. I just can't seem to find how to get started using Powertabs from the main page. I have downloaded the software and have downloaded powertabs done by others. I have just been unable to figure out how to start a new file and compose with it.

Thanks for the remedial help.

Just a guy who loves to play guitar!
Old 03-25-2006, 09:31 AM
Charter Member

You are using Windows, correct? I would think so if you are using "Word". It will not run in Mac. The PowerTabEditor user interface is a typical Windows program interface. You open a file and save a file just like in word. To open all you do is just start the program (click on the icon). To save its is just "File" -> "Save". Please spend some effort working with the program and reading the "Help" topics.
Rick

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Woods hands pick by eye and ear
Made to one with pride and love
To be that we hold so dear
A voice from heavens above

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell