The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-10-2023, 01:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagedr View Post
The bottom strip getting progressively wider is intentional.
I took that comment as a joke. Maybe I'm wrong.
Old 05-10-2023, 06:24 PM

If theres any kind of problems, especially glue at the joint it will reduce what you can get selling it. Those of us that are regulars here do a lot of buying and selling so I will guess at some point you will want to sell it, especially it being a 00. I love 00's of all brands but they are a 1 trick pony.
Old 05-10-2023, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy View Post
If theres any kind of problems, especially glue at the joint it will reduce what you can get selling it. Those of us that are regulars here do a lot of buying and selling so I will guess at some point you will want to sell it, especially it being a 00. I love 00's of all brands but they are a 1 trick pony.
That's just silly - I don't even know what you think that "one trick" would be, LOL. 00s are plenty versatile. You won't see a lot of them at bluegrass jams, but you'll find them used for rock, pop, folk, jazz, fingerstyle, etc. And most classical guitars are the same size as a 12-fret 00.

Somebody will be prying my 00-28 from my cold, dead hands.
Old 05-10-2023, 07:01 PM

Not silly, Ive owned 2 and would like another. In fact Ive located one I particularly like. The brand is Pono.
Old 05-10-2023, 08:45 PM

Nice guitar. Now learn "Key to the Highway," and enjoy your bluesy little Gibson.

Nothing wrong with it at all.

Naples, FL

1972 Martin D18 (Kimsified, so there!)
Alvarez Yairi PYM70
Yamaha LS-TA with sunburst finish
Republic parlor resonator
Too many ukeleles
Old 05-11-2023, 09:21 AM

While I might be the odd guy out, quirks in the build tend to endear a guitar to me. Admittedly as I favor Gibsons built in the 1930s and 1940s, build idiosyncrasies are not to be unexpected. But for me no matter when the instrument left the factory, these kind of screw ups make a guitar an individual. So, unless it is a structural issue which throws the intonation off or something it is all pretty much about the aesthetics. You are either comfortable with it or you are not.
Old 05-11-2023, 11:04 AM

I think you are ok, as mentioned the bass side of the bridge should be taller by design. The back braces and center strip are not always perfectly on grid to the centerline of the guitar, so no problem there. You could probably clean that little bit of gunk away from the fingerboard extension and be good to go from where I sit.

Nice guitar and nice choice. The L-00 is a great instrument and you don't see too many in blonde.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
fault, gibson, l-00 studio, quality control