The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-10-2019, 07:02 AM

I thought the Dimarzio ust was just a standard Shadow pickup but i may be wrong?
Rob
Old 03-10-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
Yes, I thought the Black Angel is just a matte black version of the passive Angel and I can see now that the piezo is quite different.
It still sounds good! I’m surprised DiMarzio hasn’t released the two in a prewired configuration yet. Seems excessive to have to purchase each separately and then wire them together.
Taylor 514ce

Zoom AC3

https://linktr.ee/erikjmusic
Old 09-11-2021, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Things have moved on for me....!

I was using the K&K Trinity with the outboard K&K preamp and the DiMarzio Black Angel wired as described...However, I have now discovered the Dazzo / Sunnaudio Stage DI combination, which produces a far better sound than the K&K's.
@AndyC, would you describe "far better" for us.

I'm super curious @AndyC about your pickup journey. I'm looking at a multi pickup solution. Open to discussing? PM me.

Last edited by Tapping; 09-11-2021 at 10:21 AM.
Old 09-11-2021, 10:20 AM

Combined above. ignore this one.
Old 05-31-2023, 05:09 AM

I was reading this old thread and was very interested to read about the K&K Trinity (SBT and mic) combined with a DiMarzio Black Angel via one TRS cable.

Or…One stereo Jack End Pin.

At first I assumed it was just the K&K Pure mini plus Black Angel which I can of course understand.

I can’t see how this combination can be achieved though using the Trinity (Pure Mini plus Mic) with a Black Angel as well.

Why? Because both conductors are required for the Trinity to start with. One for the pure mini and one carrying a small voltage for the mic.

No third channel as it were for the Black Angel.

So….

I really must have misunderstood surely?

As it happens, I have a K&K Trinity installed in my Avalon L25 and assumed I’d have to lose the mic in order to incorporate a Black Angel.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification