The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-26-2023, 08:06 AM

Default EV30M paired with K8.2 Live... Help

Hello everyone.

I had an outdoor gig at a winery Wednesday. EV30M was on a patio with a corrugated metal roof. K8.2 was aimed at an open yard.

I really wanted to push the K8.2, but keep the EV30M volume moderate.

I was using the EV30M as the main for it's mixer, and running to the K8.2.
I tried both the Aux out and the Line out. One worked and the other did not.

However, the signal strength going to the K8.2 seemed completely dependent on the "main" volume of the EV30M...

I know the K8.2 is powerful, and have used it with an external mixer before. It should have had WAY more oomph than it did at the winery. I was limited as to how much I could push the EV main because of the small patio and the metal roof. I nearly dimed the K8.2. Which I've never had to do before. It just needed a stronger signal.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it possible for the EV to send different signal strengths simultaneously in this set up? Is there something I could have overlooked regarding the K8 settings?

Suggestions please.
Thank you!
Old 05-26-2023, 11:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH View Post
I was using the EV30M as the main for it's mixer, and running to the K8.2.
I tried both the Aux out and the Line out. One worked and the other did not.

However, the signal strength going to the K8.2 seemed completely dependent on the "main" volume of the EV30M...
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by one worked and the other didn't. (And I assume "line out" means "Mix Out" on the back.)

However, there's a setting in the app that toggles Aux Out behavior--one mimics whatever is set in Main (which is what Mix Out is always set to). The other allows Aux Out to operate independently, including volume. I'll see if I can find it, typical QuickSmart adventure quest.

Edit: Found it. Look at lower right in each image. Click down there and it brings you to the toggle screen. I grabbed this from the demo rather than lighting up my 30m and testing, but that should do it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20230526_132133.jpg (15.1 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20230526_132221.jpg (15.1 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by Chriscom; 05-26-2023 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-28-2023, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscom View Post
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by one worked and the other didn't. (And I assume "line out" means "Mix Out" on the back.)

However, there's a setting in the app that toggles Aux Out behavior--one mimics whatever is set in Main (which is what Mix Out is always set to). The other allows Aux Out to operate independently, including volume. I'll see if I can find it, typical QuickSmart adventure quest.

Edit: Found it. Look at lower right in each image. Click down there and it brings you to the toggle screen. I grabbed this from the demo rather than lighting up my 30m and testing, but that should do it.
Super helpful! Thank you so much.
I'll try this next time!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification