The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-29-2023, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Yes. I bought one of those. And I like it so far. I bought 4 more that are sitting in my parts bin for future use. But I still like the Acoustic Strap Secure best for my purposes. But you can't find them any more. That's why I liked the button on the Strap Lock Secure. But I'm not buying 2 $20 devices just to get a big flanged nut I can tie a shoestring around and feel secure.
It sounds like the maker of those may re-introduce them in the future:

"Acoustic Strap Secure" Strap Locks

I have used Jim Dunlop's Loc Straps (or the equivalent Stu-Mac version) and they work well on standard strap buttons.

But who among us doesn't lust for the ULTIMATE locking strap system to add to our cherished instruments:

EVH Strap System

Last edited by Rudy4; 04-29-2023 at 07:27 AM.
Old 04-29-2023, 10:31 AM

Surprised D’Addario Cinch Fit hasn’t been mentioned. These also have a soft rubberized contact where the cinch swivels on the Jack so as not to mar your finish. I’ve been very happy with this product.

Old 04-29-2023, 03:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
It sounds like the maker of those may re-introduce them in the future:

"Acoustic Strap Secure" Strap Locks

I have used Jim Dunlop's Loc Straps (or the equivalent Stu-Mac version) and they work well on standard strap buttons.

But who among us doesn't lust for the ULTIMATE locking strap system to add to our cherished instruments:

EVH Strap System
Thanks. I'll try the Dunlop Loc Strap devise.
Old 04-29-2023, 06:22 PM

Lockit brand straps. Available on Sweetwater now. I have one for each guitar.
Old 04-30-2023, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankHudson View Post
Three options, two already mentioned.

Locking straps. Work fairly well. Obviously they limit what straps you can use which is a factor for some.

Rubber washers. Effective. Cheap. Somewhat of a pain to put on and remove, and as far as I'm concerned I wouldn't want to use them on a guitar where I was always taking the strap on and off.

And then there's this little do-dads.

D'Addario Stap Locks

Also inexpensive. Easy on and easy off. And bonus cable hook if you want to use it as well.
Thanks for that. An easy solution for under $5 bucks, available on Amazon too.
Old 05-11-2023, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
Surprised D’Addario Cinch Fit hasn’t been mentioned. These also have a soft rubberized contact where the cinch swivels on the Jack so as not to mar your finish. I’ve been very happy with this product.

I have one on the way, and lots of gigs lines up for field testing.

When playing, the weight/tension of the guitar keeps the unit locked/closed. When you take it off and there's no tension, the cord lock provides some, and the unit has some magnets that help keep it lined up and closed, which should lock the strap when not in use.

If the cord lock isn't tight enough there plenty of small, heavy duty ones out there. You can also untie the string and loop it through the strap twice, like this, to take up the slack.
Old 05-11-2023, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo-act View Post
If the cord lock isn't tight enough there plenty of small, heavy duty ones out there. You can also untie the string and loop it through the strap twice, like this, to take up the slack.

This is a good tip! i just adjusted my strap rungs to get the exact fit for my arm length, etc. But this product is very good, I bought 2 of them from Sweetwater back in early 2019 and haven't looked at anything else. I do use the rubber washer trick on the heel end and no longer worry about my strap coming off the guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber