The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-12-2023, 07:10 PM

I think I may be misunderstanding a basic concept.

I ordered the wireless transmitter for the guitar to try it out but I'm thinking now that I can't use my t4s mixer when I have that correct? That is used only to connect directly to the S1 Pro Plus itself not to connect through a mixer. Is that right?

If so, if you usually use a mixer connected to the PA why would you ever need this transmitter?
Old 06-12-2023, 08:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H. Power View Post

I ordered the wireless transmitter for the guitar to try it out but I'm thinking now that I can't use my t4s mixer when I have that correct? That is used only to connect directly to the S1 Pro Plus itself not to connect through a mixer. Is that right?

If so, if you usually use a mixer connected to the PA why would you ever need this transmitter?
Correct, you wouldn't. The Bose wireless transmitters speak directly to the S1 Pro Plus built-in recievers.

You could still benefit from a third-party wireless if you wanted to reduce cable runs while using the T4S, by going e.g. guitar>third-party wireless transmitter>third-party wireless receiver>T4S>S1 Pro Plus (or just plain ole S1 Pro. But if using your Tonematch is part of your plan, the Plus wireless setup is out of the equation.
Old 06-12-2023, 09:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscom View Post
Correct, you wouldn't. The Bose wireless transmitters speak directly to the S1 Pro Plus built-in recievers.

You could still benefit from a third-party wireless if you wanted to reduce cable runs while using the T4S, by going e.g. guitar>third-party wireless transmitter>third-party wireless receiver>T4S>S1 Pro Plus (or just plain ole S1 Pro. But if using your Tonematch is part of your plan, the Plus wireless setup is out of the equation.
You can connect the mixer via the effects loop and then you can still use the wireless.
Old 06-14-2023, 05:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H. Power View Post

I suspect Bose will be introducing the T4Plus at some point, with built in wireless receiver.
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7
Old 06-16-2023, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
You can connect the mixer via the effects loop and then you can still use the wireless.
I got the Y cable with the TRS end and the ring and tip ends and I know the TRS end goes into the SI Pro + (I am using input 1) but I can't figure out which inputs/outputs selections on the T4S to plug the ring and tip cables into.

So far I cannot set this up so I can communicate with the amp thru the transmitter but control the effects with the T4S.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
Old 06-16-2023, 08:19 PM
Charter Member

Anyone else used the wireless transmitters with this? I'm about to order them.
Old 06-18-2023, 03:27 PM
Charter Member

I have news to share on the wireless reliability coming soon.
Old 06-19-2023, 07:00 AM
Charter Member

Has anyone posted this yet? I know there were some questions about using effects with the Pro+. Here's JayLeonardJ:

Last edited by Mayfair; 06-19-2023 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-19-2023, 02:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
I have news to share on the wireless reliability coming soon.
Aaron's live right now:

Old 06-29-2023, 12:02 PM
Charter Member

Wanted to share that frequent-Bose FB forum commenter Vince King--a self-described Bose fanatic, with lots of their equipment including the Pro8 and 32--mentioned he is returning his S1 Pro Plus after experiencing the dropouts Aaron did. When I replied with some commentary about Aaron's excellent latest video on the issue (Bose provided him with updated updated firmware), Vince said "I called Bose and asked them about an upcoming update and they said there’s nothing in the pipeline."

FWIW. Could be the rep had bad info, could be too long of a time horizon to tease with, who knows.
Old 06-29-2023, 12:07 PM
Charter Member

Granted I wasn't out in the wild competing with various frequency bands, but I did get the wireless mods last week and haven't had any issues so far. I set up a kind of karaoke situation for my daughter over the weekend where she could sing along with her favorite songs through it to see if we experienced any drops and it was fine. I even walked around the house with the Pro and her following, going into other rooms, etc. and nothing.

YMMV, but I'm not ready to return it over the few reviews saying they've had issues. If anything, I still think it's an upgrade from the original, even if the wireless feature wasn't at play.

Last edited by Mayfair; 06-29-2023 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-29-2023, 12:44 PM
Charter Member

Welp, Aaron just replied to Vince over on the FB forum and says This issue has been fixed. The update should be out. I plan on making a video about it tomorrow. He says it's version 3.3.0.

This concludes this broadcast of the Emergency S1 Pro Plus Network.
Old 06-29-2023, 01:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Welp, Aaron just replied to Vince over on the FB forum and says This issue has been fixed. The update should be out. I plan on making a video about it tomorrow. He says it's version 3.3.0.

Thanks! I'll do the update this weekend.
Old 06-29-2023, 01:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

The update is indeed released.
Old 06-30-2023, 01:33 PM
Charter Member

Make sure you do this if you buy an S1 Pro Plus!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification