The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 04-09-2020, 01:35 PM

Default A couple of choruses of "A Foggy Day"

I played a couple of choruses of "A Foggy Day in London Town" yesterday, notable only in that I did it on my old faithful, my 1946 Epiphone Zephyr archtop that I restrung with extra lights, I think .010 - .046, more than a few months ago. Notable also in that it's the first time I've been able to actually play a fretted guitar in almost 8 months. I had a fall, broke my neck, damaged several nerves that make my left arm and hand work, and I've had what I'm told is similar to severe carpal tunnel nerve damage in my left hand and fingers. It seems that I can now play a bit without significant pain, long enough to play a chorus or two of an old favorite. Index and middle fingers are still completely numb, which is weird feeling on the strings, but the pain has subsided sufficient to task. Small steps start a journey...

Stay safe, just felt like sharing and documenting a minor success... Plus I played an archtop!

Brian
Old 04-10-2020, 06:04 AM

That's wonderful news Brian. I wish you a full recovery albeit a gradual one I'm sure.
I had surgery on my right index finger it's number and I can still finger pick.
Hang in there!
Old 04-12-2020, 07:21 AM

Brian—That’s terrific to hear about your recovery! Congrats. I can hardly even think about what it would be like not to be able to play. Here’s hoping you can continue to expand your playing time, especially on an archtop!
Old 04-12-2020, 07:26 AM

Hang in there friend!!
Old 04-12-2020, 09:58 AM

Glad to hear you are recovering from your terrible accident. Wishing you continued healing and as full a recovery as possible.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops