The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 06-01-2023, 03:15 PM
Charter Member

Default Anyone here recording on iPhone with MTSR app?

I stumbled over this app recently and it looks interesting.

MTSR stands for Multi Track Recording Studio, I believe, and it looks like a basic 4-channel audio recorder where you can add additional tracks to the first one. I'd probably use it for a simple rhythm guitar on Track-1, then maybe some lead guitar and vocals on other tracks.

Saw a couple "tutorials" online about how to record things, but nothing about how to store what I record, save it, pull it back up, share it, etc.

One interesting tidbit I saw made all kinds of sense - monitoring the first track through earphones so it doesn't bleed over onto subsequent tracks when you add them. Just like in a studio.

Is there any sort of a detailed tutorial I might find online to gain a better idea of how to manipulate/store/replay what I record?

Thanks for ideas.
Old 06-01-2023, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinnitus View Post
I stumbled over this app recently and it looks interesting.

MTSR stands for Multi Track Recording Studio, I believe, and it looks like a basic 4-channel audio recorder where you can add additional tracks to the first one. I'd probably use it for a simple rhythm guitar on Track-1, then maybe some lead guitar and vocals on other tracks.

Saw a couple "tutorials" online about how to record things, but nothing about how to store what I record, save it, pull it back up, share it, etc.

One interesting tidbit I saw made all kinds of sense - monitoring the first track through earphones so it doesn't bleed over onto subsequent tracks when you add them. Just like in a studio.

Is there any sort of a detailed tutorial I might find online to gain a better idea of how to manipulate/store/replay what I record?

Thanks for ideas.
"Multi-track Song Recorder". Multi-track recording studio won't fit the name.

If it's free you can try it out and see how it works. No harm in trying.

The larger thing is what you end up using for a microphone and how you patch it into your phone. The built in phone mic won't sound all that great, but it might suit your needs. As you point out, you'll also need headphones or earbuds to do multi-tracking, but all multi-track recorders work the same way.
Old 06-01-2023, 05:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
"Multi-track Song Recorder". Multi-track recording studio won't fit the name.

If it's free you can try it out and see how it works. No harm in trying.

The larger thing is what you end up using for a microphone and how you patch it into your phone. The built in phone mic won't sound all that great, but it might suit your needs. As you point out, you'll also need headphones or earbuds to do multi-tracking, but all multi-track recorders work the same way.
That's right, I messed up the order. It is indeed MTSR - Multi-track Song Recorder.

I'm just curious about where a song goes, and in what format.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD