The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-26-2023, 02:10 PM
Charter Member

Default The new Bose S1 Pro Plus!

What do you think friends?

Old 05-26-2023, 02:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
What do you think friends?
THE LEGEND IS TRUE

Nice quick hit, for sure it will make more sense when you get your hands on one. E.g. that 1/4-inch jack sticking *out* in what may be a cutaway shot makes zero sense to me.

The upgrades *seem* to be marginal compared to the Everse 8, and I passed my boycott red line a long time ago when they refused to add a master volume (still absent), but it could appeal to hardcore Bose fans. Although, Aaron, as you point out, one of the appeals to some of the S1 Pro is truly manual controls.

Looking forward to more info!

Last edited by Chriscom; 05-27-2023 at 07:36 AM.
Old 05-26-2023, 02:45 PM

Here's the writeup someone posted on Reddit:

The musician’s superpower is to transform sound into something more. To get us off our seats — make us sing, dance, laugh, cry, and leave a lasting impression long after the show ends. The next time you perform, bring the versatile, portable, powerful Bose S1 Pro+ wireless PA system. It lets you add any vibe anywhere you play, with a wireless design that’s more lightweight and powerful than the original.

Connect your equipment with an integrated 3-channel mixer and access controls like independent EQ, reverb, and ToneMatch presets with intuitive OLED displays. Or get it all on your phone through the Bose Music app.

A rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to 11 hours of play time per charge*, while the system itself weighs just 14.4 lbs. And choose from four positioning options. Place it vertically, tilted back, horizontally or on a speaker stand (it’s compatible with standard 35 mm mounts) — Auto EQ senses the orientation and adjusts the speaker’s performance. Between gigs, stream music over Bluetooth® at your next backyard gathering or karaoke party.

Simplify your setup further with optional microphone and instrument wireless RF transmitters (sold separately). They connect effortlessly to the system’s integrated wireless RF receivers, so you can leave the cables in your case and get to playing faster.

Make music that moves.
Old 05-26-2023, 02:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrome View Post
Here's the writeup someone posted on Reddit:

The musician’s superpower is to transform sound into something more. To get us off our seats — make us sing, dance, laugh, cry, and leave a lasting impression long after the show ends. The next time you perform, bring the versatile, portable, powerful Bose S1 Pro+ wireless PA system. It lets you add any vibe anywhere you play, with a wireless design that’s more lightweight and powerful than the original.

Connect your equipment with an integrated 3-channel mixer and access controls like independent EQ, reverb, and ToneMatch presets with intuitive OLED displays. Or get it all on your phone through the Bose Music app.

A rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to 11 hours of play time per charge*, while the system itself weighs just 14.4 lbs. And choose from four positioning options. Place it vertically, tilted back, horizontally or on a speaker stand (it’s compatible with standard 35 mm mounts) — Auto EQ senses the orientation and adjusts the speaker’s performance. Between gigs, stream music over Bluetooth® at your next backyard gathering or karaoke party.

Simplify your setup further with optional microphone and instrument wireless RF transmitters (sold separately). They connect effortlessly to the system’s integrated wireless RF receivers, so you can leave the cables in your case and get to playing faster.

Make music that moves.
Interesting. It all sounds great in theory.
Old 05-27-2023, 04:47 AM
Charter Member

Much ado about nothing for me. All I want for Christmas is a Master Volume
Knob.
...Analog Mike
Old 05-27-2023, 04:48 AM

My first thought is will the microphone portion have more volume?
If that hasn’t been improved, I’m likely not interested.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 05-27-2023, 05:38 AM

I’m only interested if it’s louder and the woofer doesn’t fart out as easily as the S1. It’s unfortunate they removed the knobs. To me that’s a mistake and probably enough reason to pass on it.
Old 05-27-2023, 06:44 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meb View Post
All I want for Christmas is a Master Volume
Knob.
...Analog Mike
I'm with you on this Mike. I love the convenience of my S1, but miss having a master vol.
I'll have to wait and see...

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ

Last edited by jricc; 05-27-2023 at 06:53 AM.
Old 05-27-2023, 06:49 AM

What happens when you start drop outs for both audio and control?

Should you take a S1 pro « non + » as a spare in case the audience start to use their cellphones?

I wish Bose had worked on the market share left between the S1 pro and the L1 pro 8…. Which is the L1 compact with a battery.
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue (2013)
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage 1954 (2014)
http://acousticir.free.fr/
Old 05-27-2023, 07:07 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricc View Post
I'm with you on this Mike. I love the convenience of my S1, but miss having a master vol.
I'll have to wait and see...
Maybe there will be a master volume in the app..
Old 05-27-2023, 08:40 AM
Charter Member

Without that much needed (for me) third channel I'd almost surely not bother with an upgrade from the two S1's that I already own. I do like the idea of built-in wireless IF (as Aaron stated in his video) it has excellent (e.g. Flawless) connection with no drop outs. Also, the shot of the one unit popped out shows a 1/4" connection but the notes from the Reddit article does state guitar and mic so one wonders if they will offer an XLR wireless transmitter as well. It also states those will be sold separately so I can only imagine what those will cost since anything with the name 'BOSE' on it typically sells for a premium price. Still, IF I could get a 1/4" and XLR transmitter that worked flawlessly, that would make things interesting. I like that they charge automatically when stored. But there are also a plethora of 5.8 ghz guitar and mic wireless units that sell on Amazon for small money and work great. I'm not sure how much I'd be willing to spend for something that will need periodic replacement. Then again, I'm going on years using the wireless units I have and they still are going strong.

They would need to have 'fixed' that lack of power on the mic side and another boon would be if they somehow increased the overall (lack of) volume compared to the original. I like that there is the charging port because then (like the EV8) you could run a small, external mixer like an EAE Gigamix or something along those lines and give you that third needed input plus a preamped signal but then you're in the same territory as the EV8 which we already know is louder and has the excellent app control. I am interested in seeing what BOSE comes up with for their app control. That will very much play into things but so far all BOSE control apps for their other products have been fairly limited compared to EV so we'll just have to wait and see. The lack of physical buttons does not bother me. Same with a master control volume. Maybe they'll have that on their app like the EV (like Aaron stated above) but I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm looking forward to Aaron's usually great deep dive into this.
Old 05-27-2023, 09:18 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Without that much needed (for me) third channel I'd almost surely not bother with an upgrade from the two S1's that I already own. I do like the idea of built-in wireless IF (as Aaron stated in his video) it has excellent (e.g. Flawless) connection with no drop outs. Also, the shot of the one unit popped out shows a 1/4" connection but the notes from the Reddit article does state guitar and mic so one wonders if they will offer an XLR wireless transmitter as well. It also states those will be sold separately so I can only imagine what those will cost since anything with the name 'BOSE' on it typically sells for a premium price. Still, IF I could get a 1/4" and XLR transmitter that worked flawlessly, that would make things interesting. I like that they charge automatically when stored. But there are also a plethora of 5.8 ghz guitar and mic wireless units that sell on Amazon for small money and work great. I'm not sure how much I'd be willing to spend for something that will need periodic replacement. Then again, I'm going on years using the wireless units I have and they still are going strong.

They would need to have 'fixed' that lack of power on the mic side and another boon would be if they somehow increased the overall (lack of) volume compared to the original. I like that there is the charging port because then (like the EV8) you could run a small, external mixer like an EAE Gigamix or something along those lines and give you that third needed input plus a preamped signal but then you're in the same territory as the EV8 which we already know is louder and has the excellent app control. I am interested in seeing what BOSE comes up with for their app control. That will very much play into things but so far all BOSE control apps for their other products have been fairly limited compared to EV so we'll just have to wait and see. The lack of physical buttons does not bother me. Same with a master control volume. Maybe they'll have that on their app like the EV (like Aaron stated above) but I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm looking forward to Aaron's usually great deep dive into this.
I agree with you, the proof will be in the pudding. There is an XLR and 1/4" wireless dongle. $150 each.
Old 05-27-2023, 11:25 PM
Charter Member

Color me interested. I don't typically push my S1 Pro that hard. I use it as a personal monitor or extension speaker. If I can do that reliably via a wireless, that brings value I would take advantage. So I am very intrigued.

I doubt its more powerful or louder if it remains the same physical size and footprint. We shall see.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 05-28-2023, 06:44 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
Interesting. It all sounds great in theory.
Exactly this ^^^^^ I love my S1 but we'll see about the great faith Bose is placing in all things wireless.
Old 05-28-2023, 07:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
Color me interested. I don't typically push my S1 Pro that hard. I use it as a personal monitor or extension speaker. If I can do that reliably via a wireless, that brings value I would take advantage. So I am very intrigued.

I doubt its more powerful or louder if it remains the same physical size and footprint. We shall see.
I was thinking the same thing. Same relative size and more importantly - weight - likely mean the same output levels? I supposed they could add some internal electronic gain staging that would increase power which would not cost much in circuit board realestate or weight...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification