The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 04-22-2023, 08:52 PM
Charter Member

Default Les Korn archtops

Has anyone played or owned a Les Korn archtop? Any thoughts?
Martin: HD-35, M-36; Gibson: J-200 Rosewood Limited Edition; McIlroy: AD-30; Guild: Orpheum D 12-fret; Yamaha: NXT-1200R; Eastman: AR804CE (with floater), DM-1; HsianMo: Art Gallery SJ-200 (Euro Spruce with Sandalwood b/s (!); Journey Overhead OF660; Eastwood: MRG Studio Resonator; MRG Octave Mandolin; Gretsch: Country Gentleman '59 VSE; Gibson: CS ES-355; more electrics . . .
Old 04-24-2023, 11:40 AM
Charter Member

Never played one. Probably never will, because . . .

About fifteen years ago Mr. Korn acquired a truly awful reputation online. See here for example.

The punch line is that even today, even if the guitar you're scouting is a brilliantly successful instrument, it's never going to be easy to sell that guitar.

All the best with your quest.
Old 04-25-2023, 07:20 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Sherry View Post
Never played one. Probably never will, because . . .

About fifteen years ago Mr. Korn acquired a truly awful reputation online. See here for example.

The punch line is that even today, even if the guitar you're scouting is a brilliantly successful instrument, it's never going to be easy to sell that guitar.

All the best with your quest.
Sam,
Les Korn=More agita.

Reading those complaints should put anyone off.

HE

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops