The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-08-2023, 01:21 PM

Default Anyone using a Blackstar Sonnet 60 or 120?

I’ve been really intrigued by both of these amps.

Both look really flexible options. Wondered if anyone had any first hand experience with either model? Looking at guitar and vocal.

At the moment I’m gigging with my AER Compact 60/3 slope and then going out to a powered speaker.

Looking for a reasonable priced good sounding, light amp.

Gibson Songwriter Standard EC
Lowden WL-22
Maton SRS808
Taylor AD11-SB
Taylor 811 GT
Taylor Big Baby Walnut
Old 06-09-2023, 09:35 AM

I have just taken delivery of a Blackstar Sonnet 60 and while I have not had the chance to test it thoroghly yet, first impressions are very good. I’ve owned Fishman Loudbox Mini and Acus One for Strings 5 in the past and they are both decent amps with the Acus being superior in my opinion. I had expected the Blackstar to be inferior to the Acus as well, but that is not necessarily my conclusion so far. I think it sounds really good, natural, and ‘guitar like’ with my humble Yamaha LS6 (passive zero impact UST pickup). Further to that I think it works well with vocals (using a Shure SM58 and my light baryton/tenor voice).

I will need to play and sing through it some more before I feel really confident in my assessment, but so far I am pleasantly surprised!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification