The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

View Poll Results: What to do with Journey OC660M classical carbon?
Keep and learn on it 1 10.00%
Keep, but buy another wood classical? 1 10.00%
Return and buy another guitar 8 80.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2023, 10:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbontunes View Post
Side note, I agree with others that Nylon doesn't sound great with Carbon Fiber.
I would have said that too, based on my couple of weeks with the Journey (my review is referenced in your OP). I also bought a Yamaha SLG200NW, after a week or two it lies in the corner unused.

But then I found a Blackbird Rider Nylon. It is clear that properly made, carbon can sound pretty **** good with nylon.

One thing I should have done with the Journey is try some different strings on it, particularly flourocarbon trebles. I have learned that strings make a bigger difference on carbon than wood.

The problem remains for anyone wanting a classical in carbon, there are none made with a flat fingerboard and 52mm nut except perhaps the Leviora (and as that website has not been updated in several years I do not know what the status is on that instrument). Klos was supposed to introduce one but it has been delayed a year. I am solving this problem for myself by having a new fingerboard put on the Blackbird. I've not seen the result yet but I'm hopeful.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Tags
carbon fiber, classical, journey