2019 Ryan Nightingale Bearclaw Sitka/EIR

Old 05-30-2023, 07:57 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeWalker View Post
Thank you again Scott,

As always, very impressive - - -

TW
TW, thank you for your kind and thoughtful post. I'm so very proud of this program, doubly so because I know how proud it would make my dad. Pop, I hope you're looking down and smiling. You raised me well.

I've developed a slogan for this: Charmed Life Picks -- a small company with a big heart.

Thanks again. We are working on some other charitable causes as I write this, and we're hoping to find the funding to establish our own non-profit by the end of 2024.

Stay Well,
Scott
Old 06-04-2023, 03:21 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
TW, thank you for your kind and thoughtful post. I'm so very proud of this program, doubly so because I know how proud it would make my dad. Pop, I hope you're looking down and smiling. You raised me well.

I've developed a slogan for this: Charmed Life Picks -- a small company with a big heart.

Thanks again. We are working on some other charitable causes as I write this, and we're hoping to find the funding to establish our own non-profit by the end of 2024.

Stay Well,
Scott
I've been laying low for about six weeks as we got absolutely blasted with orders in April and early May. We even had the close our door for a week.

We're finally almost all cut up and as of this week we re-hung our shingle on the front porch and flipped the sign in the window CLOSED to OPEN. In other words, we are now accepting new orders. If I wasn't such a stickler for quality, we would have reopened two weeks earlier. I can tell you for a fact that I am the worst (or is it, the best) in the industry in rejecting products as they come off the production -- for cosmetic reasons only. For example, in our casein product lines I typically reject 40% of the finished products coming off the line.

BTW, next time you visit us, check out our blem store. We're the only boutique pick vendor that sells off blems, demos and B-stock at discounts 25-35%, every day of the year -- with FREE SHIPPING.

https://www.charmedlifepicks.com/online-store

Finally, we have a new model coming into our sea turtle line-up. It's so new that I don't have any photos up on our site yet, but it's a large triangle 346 shape at 1.40 mm thickness made from the same gorgeous cerulean casein material as this guy:

https://www.charmedlifepicks.com/pro...asein-teardrop

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 06-04-2023 at 08:38 PM.
Old 06-08-2023, 02:32 PM
AGF Sponsor

With the program now six months old, the clear number #1 seller in the Hawksbill Preservation Line has become the 1.25 mm version of the DuPont Polyimide pictured below. We also make a 1.50 mm version of this puppy, but over time the 1.25 has come to sell two-to-one over the 1.50. It would appear to be in the wheelhouse of more players than its thicker older brother.

For reference, folks, the very popular BC Chris Thile signature model CT-55 comes in at 1.27 mm. Perhaps you people feel that owning that pick will make you play mandolin like Chris Thile. I've tried -- and failed. These things are good, but they're not THAT good.

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 06-08-2023 at 02:43 PM.
Old 08-07-2023, 08:43 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Thanks To Your Generosity, CLP Has Now Donated More Than $1000 to Sea Turtle Rescue!

August 7, 2023:

We just wanted to let everyone know that Charmed Life Picks has now donated more than $1000 to sea turtle preservation. Specifically, our total now stands at $1038.00. Thank you SO MUCH. The org we've been donating to is called SeeTurtles.org, and you can find them here:

https://www.seeturtles.org/

Due to a heavy overload of orders, our store is closed till August 19th. When we reopen, you might wanna take a look at our newest sea turtle fundraiser model -- a stunning cerulean casein triangle at 1.40 mm:

Looks good, sounds good, and the $45.00 dollar price includes a $10.00 donation to SeeTurtles.org.

Take Care,
Scott

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 08-07-2023 at 08:51 PM.
Old 09-01-2023, 09:28 PM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks to you all for your generosity and support. We couldn't do it without you. Gratitude is too weak a word.

Scott Memmer
Old 09-15-2023, 09:50 PM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks for your continued support for our sea turtle program. We're on our way to $2000 in donations. Couldn't do it without you.

The pick below is a 1.0 mm DuPont polyimide teardrop, with speed bevels.

You'll find the sea turtle models at the top of our store page. https://www.charmedlifepicks.com/

Thanks Again,
Scott Memmer
Old 02-27-2024, 11:42 PM
AGF Sponsor

I'm proud to say that we've already donated more than $1000 to sea turtle preservation. We're just getting started.

Thanks for your continued support and for sharing our vision.

scott memmer
Old 02-27-2024, 11:55 PM
AGF Sponsor

UPDATE. As of January 1, 2024, Charmed Life Picks has donated more than $1000 to sea turtle preservation.

For years I've felt a deep personal calling to do something about the plight of the world’s sea turtles, specifically the Hawksbill Sea Turtle, which has been the sole source of “tortoise shell picks” for hundreds of years. The Hawksbill, even though protected by CITES, has been slaughtered and poached to the brink of extinction. Of the seven species of sea turtles existing in the world today, it is the most endangered.

We wanted to do something about it.

In late 2022, Charmed Life Picks began selling the industry's first sea turtle preservation guitar pick, a fundraising model designed to raise money for the protection of sea turtle habitat. The model pictured above, the stf-1, is the first offering in this series. It is a standard 351 teardrop shape at 1.0 mm, in DuPont Vespel polyimide, a legendary picking material in the picking industry. (Speed bevels are available upon request, for free.) The stf-1.0 will sell for $50, with $10 from every sale being donated directly to sea turtle preservation organizations (a full list to follow). That price also includes free shipping to your door.

BLUEGRASS TODAY was kind enough to feature our sea turtle program in an article:
https://bluegrasstoday.com/charmed-l...ith-new-picks/

This pick was developed to honor my mother, Carolyn Memmer, and in memory of my father, Franklin Charles Memmer, a biology teacher and an early ecologist. Thanks, Ma and Pa.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 03-22-2024 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-22-2024, 09:27 AM
AGF Sponsor

UPDATE. As of March 1, 2024, Charmed Life Picks has donated more than $1300 to sea turtle preservation.

We thank you for your trust and support of our sea turtle program. Your purchases speak volumes.

Old 03-29-2024, 10:57 PM
AGF Sponsor

Happy Easter to Everyone!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace