The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 07-08-2014, 04:33 AM

I really enjoyed this piece! I felt compelled to visit your website after listening. Definitely a departure from your folk/blues and children's music. I hope you don't mind the comparison but it reminded me of Tony McManus or Simon Fox! I believe you are in good company with that song. Thanks for posting!!!
Old 07-08-2014, 04:49 PM
Charter Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceltia63 View Post
I really enjoyed this piece! I felt compelled to visit your website after listening. Definitely a departure from your folk/blues and children's music. I hope you don't mind the comparison but it reminded me of Tony McManus or Simon Fox! I believe you are in good company with that song. Thanks for posting!!!
Wow! Thank you! That's very kind of you.

Well, I'm definitely NOT in that class of player. I have three compositions I've finished in open tunings. Each is difficult for me to play. I have some technical challenges because of bad habits, but I have been practicing a lot. If you look at my right hand, you'll see a lot of tension and a hooked thumb. When I'm doing a good job of sitting down to practice everyday I can make that stuff go away. The day we recorded I was actually very tense, and playing the tune was more difficult than usual.

Hopefully, I will begin writing more. The ones I have are sort of opportunistic pieces where I discovered something that sounded good and then made it into a piece of music. Mostly, I write songs I can sing.

Best,
Old 07-08-2014, 06:54 PM

Wonderful job Chuck!!! Enjoyed the composition & techniques, despite you being "tense"... Kudos on such a fine performance!!!
Oh...and compliments on your hair...I'm trying to figure out a way to transplant mine from my back to my head...
Wechter Nashville Tuned
Wechter Dobro
Washburn Nylon

Electric:
Line 6 Variax

Keyboards: Korg SV-1 88 key reverse

PA:
QSC K8 x 2

Amps:
Custom Peavey Studio Pro (Superman)
Fishman Loudbox Mini
Old 07-08-2014, 09:24 PM

That's just simply exceptional. Couldn't be better. Well done!
Old 07-09-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytone View Post
Wonderful job Chuck!!! Enjoyed the composition & techniques, despite you being "tense"... Kudos on such a fine performance!!!
Oh...and compliments on your hair...I'm trying to figure out a way to transplant mine from my back to my head...
Good Luck with the transplant. Mine failed miserably, but considering I've never had a hairy back!!!
Old 07-09-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagstaffcharli View Post
Wow! Thank you! That's very kind of you.

Well, I'm definitely NOT in that class of player. I have three compositions I've finished in open tunings. Each is difficult for me to play. I have some technical challenges because of bad habits, but I have been practicing a lot. If you look at my right hand, you'll see a lot of tension and a hooked thumb. When I'm doing a good job of sitting down to practice everyday I can make that stuff go away. The day we recorded I was actually very tense, and playing the tune was more difficult than usual.

Hopefully, I will begin writing more. The ones I have are sort of opportunistic pieces where I discovered something that sounded good and then made it into a piece of music. Mostly, I write songs I can sing.

Best,
Please give this a listen. Definately more similarities in fluid style than differences.

http://simonfox.bandcamp.com/album/in-the-duck-shed

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Tags
fingerstyle, fingerstyle guitar, youtube