The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 06-23-2022, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janinep7 View Post
I doubt you're too old.
I will have to listen to the other two versions. I think all the songs on that Seatrain album kind of work together as one musical experience. I like their version of Willin' but now that I know there are others, I'll have to compare.

I just discovered a few other versions of "Loves Me Like A Rock," beyond the Paul Simon one. It's amazing how different artists interpret the same song.
"Willin" has to be on the top ten list of most covered rock songs, right up there with "The Weight." Go to Youtube and type "Willin" into the search window.

Heck, I must have a half down versions just by Little Feat and Lowell George alone, from full electric band renditions to a juicy little fingerpicked guitar and mandolin duet between Paul Barrerre and Fred Tacket. I can play it with simple firt position chords, a fingerpicked version in Open G and a mixed with slide version.

I like the Seatrain version.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write