The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-05-2022, 12:17 AM

The Pageflip Dragonfly works best for me.

One button turns pages (essential on American Pie..!) the others are for scrolling and returning to the set list.

It's not cheap but it's easy to use and ultra reliable.
Old 02-07-2022, 04:02 AM

I am using the iRig Blueturn currently but I agree that the buttons are too small. Easy to miss then. Alas, the other known brands are hard to get in Greece (specifically looking at the Airturn PEDpro), so I guess I'll be stuck with this one for a while.
Taylor 314ce (2012)
Fender American Series Stratocaster (2000)
Boss RC500 Loop Station
Old 02-07-2022, 08:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastianS View Post
I am using the iRig Blueturn currently but I agree that the buttons are too small. Easy to miss then. Alas, the other known brands are hard to get in Greece (specifically looking at the Airturn PEDpro), so I guess I'll be stuck with this one for a while.
If you don't anticipate having to go backwards much, I think you can program both buttons to go forward. It's been awhile but I'm fairly certain that's what I did before I went to another model with larger targets. Helped me some.

It's a shame because it's a great, reliable device.
Old 06-23-2022, 11:36 AM

Apologies for waking this thread back up, but I had an Aha Moment yesterday. I realized that the paper-saving practices used in preparing sheet music -- mainly repeats, first and second endings, signs and codas -- are what make the iPad/app/pedal paradigm NOT work. Because, for example, when you get to a repeat, how do you know how many pages to skip back? And for a coda, how many pages forward? The only solution I've found -- kind of -- is to print the .pdf's, write "helpers" on them (like "back 2" at a repeat sign), and then rescan them. It would be far better if people preparing charts would make two versions: 1. The usual, with paper-savers, and 2. With no paper-savers at all, so the only direction you ever move on your iPad is forward. If it means the chart ends up being 9 pages, who cares?

Couch Standards
Old 06-23-2022, 01:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
It would be far better if people preparing charts would make two versions: 1. The usual, with paper-savers, and 2. With no paper-savers at all, so the only direction you ever move on your iPad is forward. If it means the chart ends up being 9 pages, who cares?
Some of this depends on the type of music being played. Most of my material, including those I need cheet sheets for, doesn't have many distant codas and such. Relatively simple pop, simply with chord names over lyrics. But there has been an occasion or two when I do something like that--just not 9 pages!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification