The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 05-04-2022, 01:50 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorsena View Post
Pretty new to boutique pics but they look amazing. I'll definitely be checking them out!
Doc, hi, thanks for looking at our stuff. After six years in the trenches with casein, I'm proud to say the fit and finish on our casein products is at the very top in the business, equal or better than anything out there.

Please Note: Due to our huge backlog of orders we've had to close the store till at least May 10th. However, if you have any questions, feel free to email me directly at charmedlifepicks @ gmail.com.

jricc, thanks for the props and your continued support. Been a wonderful six-year trip.

Scott

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 05-04-2022 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-07-2022, 11:11 AM
Charter Member

Congrats on this Scott, couldn't have happened to a more decent guy. Fantastic!
50th Anniversary Fender Am Std Strat.
Gretsch 6120 Nashville Players in Blue.
Line 6 Helix.

If I played as much as I read threads, I'd be a pro....
Old 05-07-2022, 04:53 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecuss View Post
Congrats on this Scott, couldn't have happened to a more decent guy. Fantastic!
So kind of you, Steve, thanks. We've certainly put our time in. I can't believe we'll be entering our seventh year in business on July 1. Where has the time gone? That means one tenth of my life has been spent making guitar picks. Yikes.

BTW, folks, I traded emails with the editor of the mag this week, and I guess the review will be hitting the streets a little later than I thought -- somewhere around the fourth week of May, which is cool since that's one week before NAMM. I've seen the review already, and it's a humdinger. But I'm withholding it until it goes live on their site and the mag hits the streets. They didn't ask me to do that, but I want to respect their timelines and readership.

Best to you all. What a journey.

scott memmer
Old 05-12-2022, 07:09 PM
AGF Sponsor

The review is hitting a little later than we thought initially, but the mag has gone to the printers and the review should hit the streets in print and go live on their webstie on or before Memorial Day. Pretty exciting for us.

We've had our online store closed since May 1 and are accepting no new orders. We've pushed back our reopening of the store to May 16th to catch up on all orders in-house.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email us directly at charmedlifepicks @ gmail. We're peddling as fast as we can.

sm
Old 05-15-2022, 03:38 PM

Scott, I’m delighted to see your hard work rewarded like this. All the best!

Roger
Old 05-17-2022, 01:38 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerblair View Post
Scott, I’m delighted to see your hard work rewarded like this. All the best!

Roger
Thanks, Roger. It certainly has been a long slog. Looks like 2022 could be a breakout year for us. Once this review hits in Acoustic Guitar Mag we'll be able to parlay that into approaching other major pubs and websites for reviews. It adds a lot to our credibility.

This is kinda fascinating: Malcolm Gladwell wrote a book a while back called OUTLIERS. In that book he cited an academic study documenting that it takes on average 10,000 hours to master a craft or trade. Here's a brief summation:

You’ve probably heard of the 10,000 hour rule, which was popularized by Malcolm Gladwell’s blockbuster book “Outliers.” As Gladwell tells it, the rule goes like this: it takes 10,000 hours of intensive practice to achieve mastery of complex skills and materials, like playing the violin or getting as good as the Beatles.

I can tell you for a fact that I've likely sanded at least 10,000 picks in the last six years. As we enter our seventh year of business on July 1, I can say that I don't regret it. It's been a lot of fun, and a great learning experience.

For those interested, we just opened our store after being closed more than two weeks -- and we're still not caught up.

I want to say something. We are slow. But that's because we're perfectionists. With the exception of the wonderful work Red Bear does on their picks, no one does better fit and finish on casein picks; in fact, no one I'm aware of even comes close. I know this because I've ordered and examined virtually ever other casein pick available in the U.S. No one comes close. I'm very proud of that. I'd rather be the best at something than be the biggest or the most profitable.

Thanks for Reading,
Scott

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 05-17-2022 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-19-2022, 03:23 PM

I have to confess, when I saw the thread title, "Glowing Charmed Life Picks...", I thought that you had started making glow-in-the-dark casein picks. I became ecstatic with the thought of owning one...that's my maturity level. I'm really disappointed, but feel free to run with that idea - GLOW IN THE DARK!!!
Old 05-19-2022, 06:00 PM
AGF Sponsor

Here's the review. I'm pleased to note that the CLP review was the longest of the four lines reviewed. Yeah, I'm THAT competitive. We salute the other three esteemed boutique pick makers in this review -- Wegen, Honey Picks, and Apollo.

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 05-19-2022 at 11:27 PM.
Old 05-20-2022, 12:53 PM
Charter Member

Congrats, Scott! Glad to see CLP getting some national recognition. Hope it brings lots of new new customers to you. Cheers!
Old 05-20-2022, 02:29 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pura Vida View Post
Congrats, Scott! Glad to see CLP getting some national recognition. Hope it brings lots of new new customers to you. Cheers!
Thanks, PV. We're very grateful for the recognition. We expect over time this will help us get to the next level.

Hope you and yours are well. Are you up in CA right now, or down in CR? I'll have announcement pretty soon on our sea turtle habitat fundraiser. I'm so excited about it.

Have a great weekend, and thank you so much,

Scott
Old 05-23-2022, 04:46 PM
AGF Sponsor

Re-post.
Old 05-23-2022, 07:27 PM
AGF Sponsor

That's big time, Scott! Fantastic, and well deserved. Enjoy the spotlight!
Old 05-23-2022, 08:19 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organic Sounds Select Guitars View Post
That's big time, Scott! Fantastic, and well deserved. Enjoy the spotlight!
Larry, I've always said -- and still say -- that the real joy in this business is the wonderful people I've met all over the world through our products, including yourself. It's crazy. I'm really excited about your new venture.

Folks, I guess it's safe to let the cat out of the bag that Organic Sounds will be carrying CLP products. We appreciate your support.

We're really excited about CLP's future. We have a very solid dealer in Australia, just added a strong dealer in New Zealand, and our U.S. dealer base should be very solid by the end of the 2022. McCabe's is doing really well with the line, plus now Larry in OC. And we're having very productive conversations with a number of legacy dealers across the United States. We project we'll have at least 7-8 CLP retailers across the United States by the end of this year.

Thanks again, Larry. I look forward to meeting you -- and your dog.

sm

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 05-23-2022 at 08:25 PM.
Old 05-26-2022, 10:49 PM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks for looking, folks.

Old 05-29-2022, 03:04 PM

Why wasn’t a pic of your flame casein included?. My favorite tortoiseshell alternative.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace