The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-08-2022, 08:14 AM

Default Emerald X20 with L.R. Baggs Align Session

I've had my Emerald X20 with K&K + Ghost for a few months now and was just not able to dial in a very good strumming tone. On a whim I decided to try using a L.R. Baggs Align Session pedal. Absolutely blew my mind how well this works with the X20. The Saturate dial really gives CF a "warm wood" sound and combined with the Comp EQ dial smooths off the brittle quack tones.
Old 05-08-2022, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZebraKing View Post
I've had my Emerald X20 with K&K + Ghost for a few months now and was just not able to dial in a very good strumming tone. On a whim I decided to try using a L.R. Baggs Align Session pedal. Absolutely blew my mind how well this works with the X20. The Saturate dial really gives CF a "warm wood" sound and combined with the Comp EQ dial smooths off the brittle quack tones.
I'm a fan too. So much so I have a confession; I actually got a smoking deal on a used Session DI but stupidly sold it. For my birthday my sister got me a Guitar Center gift card so I bought another brand new. The Session boxes make any pickup sound good, but especially USTs which I'm typically not a fan of.
Old 05-21-2022, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZebraKing View Post
Thanks for that! I have an X20 with K&K + Ghost on order (hopefully not too long to wait now!), so I'll be checking one of these pedals out.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber