The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-14-2019, 10:32 AM

Default KarenB visit

Karen drove to my house to check out my guitars as she wanted an opportunity to play an Emerald X20. I think she was impressed with both the X20 and my other non-wood guitars (Savoy and Rider), though she tried to steal my cedar McIlroy .

What a delightful person and fine musician. I very much enjoyed my time with her.

Last edited by Kerbie; 01-14-2019 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Edited.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:35 AM
Guest 928

I've enjoyed reading about the various visits being made to check out our CF guitars. This is a very nice community marked by inquisitive and accomplished members.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:56 AM

I better go visit someone too.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 01-14-2019, 12:43 PM
Guest 928

No Mr. K; You have too many visitors to just leave. Besides, you do the best show and tell.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
No Mr. K; You have too many visitors to just leave. Besides, you do the best show and tell.
If pictures around your house are accurate, you also have a pool that folks can float around in on your carbon fiber guitars.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 01-14-2019, 03:58 PM
Guest 928

I wonder if he cooks?
Old 01-14-2019, 04:06 PM

No private pool at present location..I think I cooked once...or was that baked.. outside in the Sun
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 01-14-2019, 06:34 PM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY

I very much enjoyed my visit with Rahn. He is a gracious host and an accomplished musician. Plus he has a lot of interesting stories to tell, not to mention glorious guitars!

And thank you Rahn for your kind words. So glad to have met you in person.
Karen
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon
Old 01-14-2019, 08:00 PM
Charter Member

AGF member visits are like NGD posts - if there aren't any photos of the attending parties playing each other's guitars, it never happened...
Old 01-15-2019, 10:12 AM

I love it when members can meet up. We have certainly met some nice people via this forum and the carbon fiber room in particular.
As discussed in another thread, many players have never even seen a CF guitar, so anything we can do to help enlighten them is good.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber