The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-16-2019, 06:00 PM

Default Anyone have a problem getting a response from TKL?

I needs some dimensions for the inside shoulders of an acoustic Bass Case to see if it will fit a Baritone Weissenborn that I am having built. Ready to buy it if the size is right. Over a week now and no response, not even a "we don't have any in stock so can't measure it." No one has one locally.

Ideas?
Old 01-16-2019, 06:02 PM
Charter Member

Can you call them?

Email seems to be far from the first choice for customer contact these days.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 01-16-2019, 07:19 PM

Tony, I had to deal directly with TKL a few times when I got some custom Cedar Creek cases from them. I always just called them directly in Virginia:

TKL
804-749-8300

Call during East Coast business hours, and you shouldn’t have any trouble getting through to whoever you need to speak to.

Hope this helps.

Wade Hampton Miller
Old 01-16-2019, 08:15 PM

Thanks the both of you. I am out working tomorrow, but I will call them on friday.

I had looked at the Ceder Cree cases. I wish they put prices on their website.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:14 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Yeah, in my experience they answer the phone.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 01-18-2019, 12:40 AM

Unfortunately TKL has none in stock (Not surprising, as it is an esoteric item), so they can't measure one off. I've gotten no response from the couple of dealers who supposedly have one. I guess they really don't want to sell it if they do.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:14 AM

As it happens, I’ve got a hardshell case for what must have been an acoustic bass guitar that I bought off Craigslist. It cost me very little, and I will pass those savings along to you if you want it.

The trouble is that it’s at my house in Darkest Chugiak, Alaska, and ever since the US Postal Service started charging for volume as well as weight, it’s become hideously expensive to mail anything big to or from Alaska. So if you want it, I’ll get it to you, but you’ll spend less money on shipping if you can find something down there in the Lower 48.

If all else fails, let me know, and I’ll measure the interior of the case for you. But it’s about big enough to house a Shetland pony, so you can probably store your Weissenborn, a couple of Martins and a Yorkshire terrier or two in it. Hell, if you lose your lease, YOU could move in.

I don’t think you could squeeze in a widescreen TV, though....

Wade Hampton Miller
Old 01-18-2019, 05:22 AM
Charter Member

Hey Mycroft,

I have Breedlove case that may fit. If you tell me the measurements I’ll check for you. It’s a full deluxe case in great condition, but too big for anything I have. Let me know.

Mark
Guitars; Esteban -"Tribute to Paula Abdul L.E." Arturo Fuente- Cigar Box"Hand Made" First Act-"Diamond Bling" Main Street- "Flaming Acoustic" Silvertone-"Paul Stanley Dark Star" Daisy Rock- "Purple Daze"
Old 01-18-2019, 07:33 AM

Telephone them? I seldom email anyone on business for the reasons stated in the op.
Old 01-18-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
... to see if it will fit a Baritone Weissenborn that I am having built. Ready to buy it if the size is right. Over a week now and no response, not even a "we don't have any in stock so can't measure it." No one has one locally. Ideas?
Yep. Call Weissenborn and ask them what cases they know of that fit that instrument. I've never dealt with a custom builder that didn't either have a case for their instruments by the time one was finished or that didn't have a custom case builder available to make a case for an instrument they are building.
Old 01-18-2019, 12:50 PM

Of course what I meant was call the builder about the Weissenborn you are having built.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
Unfortunately TKL has none in stock (Not surprising, as it is an esoteric item), so they can't measure one off. I've gotten no response from the couple of dealers who supposedly have one. I guess they really don't want to sell it if they do.

No responses to phone calls or emails ?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion