The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-23-2018, 08:48 AM

Jon,
I got to play a Rainsong Parlor on a couple of occasions, and was most impressed! Like Jim, if I didnít already have the Shorty that may have been my choice as well.
I really like it with the sharks and all too, great pick up on your part, thanks for sharing. Glad I didnít read this thread....
Old 12-23-2018, 11:31 AM

Default "My favorite CF guitar of all time"

Quite an endorsement, Jon, and well deserved in my opinion. My RS parlor is definitely one the most versatile cf guitars I own.

SpruceTop, as I recall the Mac Nichol Guitars forum was all Emerald by the end thanks to the "fanboying" as you put it by some of the same people that keep them in the conversation here.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:34 AM

We played our regular art gallery opening last night for a crowd of about 20 people in a room roughly 25 by 15 feet. My partner brought his Taylor GC8 (12s) and I brought my CO-PA (12s). We played with no amplification and the RainSong parlor projected excellently with no reason to prefer the Taylor. Initially we planned to stay away from songs where I play single note guitar solos but we quickly decided that was not necessary. Usually I carry the other parlor with 10s on it and a Katana Mini to give me some extra volume for solos.

RainSong CH-PA1100NS, Mi-Si Trio (Baggs Element), Elixir PB 10s, TKL 8975 Case, set up to cover electric guitar riffs
RainSong CO-PA1100NS, Fishman Rare Earth Humbucker stored in the case, Elixir 80/20 Polyweb 12s, TKL 8975 Case
One QSC CP8 (21 lbs) high/behind & Yamaha MG10XU mixer

www.justsoduo.com
Old 01-11-2019, 06:45 AM

Yes, I LOVE my Rainsong Shorty FLE. I would love to play a parlor just to feel and hear it. I really thing Ted would do well releasing a FLE Parlor with the abalone ring and sharks. I personally like a little bling on my guitar.

Phoenix Guitar Co. Custom Classical Guitar
Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre-Peavey Cargo SOLD
Old 01-11-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindness View Post
Yes, I LOVE my Rainsong Shorty FLE. I would love to play a parlor just to feel and hear it. I really thing Ted would do well releasing a FLE Parlor with the abalone ring and sharks. I personally like a little bling on my guitar.
Pretty sure that except for full CF back/sides my (his standard stock custom) CO-PA1100NS is a "Parlor Shorty FLE".

RainSong CH-PA1100NS, Mi-Si Trio (Baggs Element), Elixir PB 10s, TKL 8975 Case, set up to cover electric guitar riffs
RainSong CO-PA1100NS, Fishman Rare Earth Humbucker stored in the case, Elixir 80/20 Polyweb 12s, TKL 8975 Case

www.justsoduo.com
Old 01-11-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Sam Ash in Glendale usually has two or three Rainsong's in stock, and they've always had one parlor during my visits. I too like the sharks...... in part because I've been scuba diving with reef sharks in Hawaii.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:26 AM
Charter Member

I know itís probably just my eyes playing tricks on me, but this model appears like it has an enlarged soundhole. Itís the Rainsong Parlor Clarence White edition!!
Old 01-11-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendkill View Post
I know it’s probably just my eyes playing tricks on me, but this model appears like it has an enlarged soundhole. It’s the Rainsong Parlor Clarence White edition!!
Agreed. I was visiting Ted's website for almost two months after getting a price quote trying to decide if I liked the look of the soundhole before finally pulling the trigger. In-person it looks great and not like an enormous sound hole. All RainSongs have the same 4" sound hole.

I had the CH-WS and the CH-PA but found myself only playing the parlor. I ended up selling the CH-WS because so much playing time on the parlor convinced me it sounded better. I think this is more about training my ear and not about the two guitars' relative merit. Then I started to look around for a second one to keep strung with real acoustic guitar strings and could not bring myself to buy a second identical guitar. Thus the Concert version with which I am exceedingly happy with it's looks and acoustic power.

www.justsoduo.com
Old 01-11-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Yes, I LOVE my Rainsong Shorty FLE. I would love to play a parlor just to feel and hear it. .
Not sure which part of Phoenix you are in, but last time I was at Sam Ash they had at least one Rainsong Parlor in stock.

Rainbow in Tucson (if you are ever down there) has a CH-PA, CH-OM, CH-PA and 2 or 3 others in stock as well.
Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/markhorning
Old 01-11-2019, 04:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiberty View Post
Not sure which part of Phoenix you are in, but last time I was at Sam Ash they had at least one Rainsong Parlor in stock.

I saw it over there as well.
Blackbird: Savoy
RainSong: CH-OM, CH-WS
Journey: OF660
McPherson: Touring(Honeycomb and gold), Sable
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber