The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 09-30-2019, 03:27 PM

Default Looks like Trey Hensley has left Taylor for Bourgeois!

Looks like Trey has left the Taylor fold for Bourgeois guitars! Bourgeois guitars are what took me completely away from Taylors too! This dude is an ANIMAL!!

2019 Bourgeois “Banjo Killer” Aged Tone Vintage Deluxe D
2018 Martin D41 Ambertone (2018 Reimagined)
2016 Taylor GS Mini Koa ES2
Old 09-30-2019, 03:47 PM

If you want to experience guitar artist endorser whiplash, check into how many different brands Laurence Juber has endorsed over the years...

Though to be fair, he's been with Martin for some years now. Prior to that, however, he was getting one endorsement after another.

whm
Old 09-30-2019, 03:49 PM
Charter Member

Does Trey endorse any brand?

Last time I saw him he was playing his Wayne Henderson. I think he's got a few different brands.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:02 PM

You’d think with Andy pushing the Doc Watson story as his inspiration for the GP series guitars that Taylor would be throwing tons of money at a bluegrass artist like Trey, to have him solely endorse Taylor! Maybe he just realized that a Bourgeois is a better tone than the GP! Did I just write that?!!

2019 Bourgeois “Banjo Killer” Aged Tone Vintage Deluxe D
2018 Martin D41 Ambertone (2018 Reimagined)
2016 Taylor GS Mini Koa ES2
Old 09-30-2019, 06:58 PM
Charter Member

....hey Tony Rice left his Martin for Santa Cruz...and even had a fling with Ovation...but everyone knows he loves the Martin the most....

....we need a proper name for an AGF gossip column...any ideas??
Old 09-30-2019, 09:01 PM

Maybe someone with the amazing ear and talent that he has just likes great guitars. Taylor, Collings, Martin,Borgeois etc are all great guitars. No need to get all caught up in brand wars. Not everybody only likes one or two brands.

Also he posted a video of him playing his GP and giving a shout out to Taylor two days ago.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:04 PM

Trey still plays his Taylor, and his Martin Sinker Mahogany, and his Henderson. He and I had a little jam on Saturday and he played a Ken Hooper guitar that was handed to him. I was playing the new Preston Thompson sinker mahogany that I just got at Winfield last week.

Old 10-01-2019, 12:27 PM

Allen, this is a bit off-topic, but given all of the great guitars you've played on various videos at Dream Guitars, how does the Preston Thompson stack up? Yes, of course you acquired it, but now that you've had it for a short while, what do you think?
Old 10-01-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobblecreek View Post
Allen, this is a bit off-topic, but given all of the great guitars you've played on various videos at Dream Guitars, how does the Preston Thompson stack up? Yes, of course you acquired it, but now that you've had it for a short while, what do you think?
I like it a lot. It is a good example of what a mahogany dreadnought is supposed to sound like. It is my understanding that the folks at Winfield contacted Preston about furnishing a prize guitar for the Flatpicking championship, and he made it his pet project. This would have been the last guitar he was involved with, and he didn't live to see it finished. So I thought choosing it for the prize should be an appropriate way to honor his memory. I'm thankful that it is also a really good guitar, but honestly all 3 prize guitars this year sounded outstanding.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnfiddler View Post
You’d think with Andy pushing the Doc Watson story as his inspiration for the GP series guitars that Taylor would be throwing tons of money at a bluegrass artist like Trey, to have him solely endorse Taylor! Maybe he just realized that a Bourgeois is a better tone than the GP! Did I just write that?!!
Or maybe not . He bought Taylors before he endorsed them, even though Bourgeois were available.

He has lots of guitars, including Martin, Thompson, Eastman, Taylor, and others already mentioned here. One of them is a Bourgeois.

AFAIK his Taylor 810 is still his main guitar. His GP is all over his most recent album coming out October 2019.

Do you think he's going to stop playing them and performing with them because he now has a Bourgeois? Perhaps, but unlikely.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN