The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 02-01-2016, 03:08 AM

Default Sor Exercise in D minor op.35 no.11

Sor op.35, 11/24.
This short study in D minor has some quick chord changes in the left hand and needs clear articulation in the right. Itīs quite similar with Sor study in A minor op.31 no.20.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez_nmH58xHo
Old 02-02-2016, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raintreesilence View Post
Sor op.35, 11/24.
This short study in D minor has some quick chord changes in the left hand and needs clear articulation in the right. Itīs quite similar with Sor study in A minor op.31 no.20.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez_nmH58xHo
Nice playing! I think you nailed the "quick and clean" part.

And yes, I agree, it is similar to the other Sor piece you mentioned, aka number 9 in Andres Segovia's "20 Studies".
Old 02-02-2016, 03:36 PM

Thank you Riffmeister!
I donīt know how widely used the "Sor/Segovia Studies" still are (at least not in Finland so much). Though Segovia made a very nice selection of the studies from op. 6, op.29, op.31 and op.35 in his 20 Studies, I hope this project of the complete op.35 will bring light to some studies that have been overlooked in the past...
Old 02-04-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raintreesilence View Post
Thank you Riffmeister!
I donīt know how widely used the "Sor/Segovia Studies" still are (at least not in Finland so much). Though Segovia made a very nice selection of the studies from op. 6, op.29, op.31 and op.35 in his 20 Studies, I hope this project of the complete op.35 will bring light to some studies that have been overlooked in the past...
Yeah, the Segovia "20 Sor Estudios" compilation is probably dying away as a pedagogical tool these days. But there are still "old guys" like me who have the music book and remember them.

I think it is great that you are taking the time to record the complete works of Opus 35. Good old Fernando sure had a fertile mind for guitar compositions!
Old 02-07-2016, 07:43 PM

I have had that book (20 studies / Segovia) for almost 20 years now and still play studies regularly in it including #1, #6, #7 and #11

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical