The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-15-2013, 10:55 PM

Thanks for updating the thread, Pf. I have to say that this really hasn't been the nightmare I postulated originally.

Phil/Pf has been very reasonable to deal with and problem solve, and Joe has been very good about communicating and working to get the 13 set up in line with what Phil/Pf needs.

I'm sorry for the complications. I know I'd be wanting my next guitar ASAP, and be playing it already. The day will come soon and this will be carbon fiber under the bridge.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:54 AM
Charter Member

I as a rule just tell people if you don,t like a guitar I sell/trade you, send it back. I don,t even need a reason it's just a guitar and guitars are very subjective. That's just me but I do think its a good idea to talk about these things before you buy or sale.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:42 PM
Charter Member

Default Problem with sale (Lucky 13), advice sought...

Assuming everything else is fine with the guitar, based on those action height measurements, that is way off without much room left for adjustments. I'd be pissed but i should have asked seller to take measurements in the first place.
Lindsay Marcus D - Sitka/Madi RW

Gone But Not Forgotten
Tom Sands Model S (Crystal) - Italian/Fiddleback Hog
Old 03-16-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PF View Post
I'll chime in, since I'm the buyer.
NGD! NGD! NGD! NGD!

I want to see better pics than ishtars and a full tone report, please! Jerry still has one and I'm quasi interested.......

Sam
Old 04-09-2013, 02:23 PM

Here's an update-

Joe and Blackbird worked on the Lucky 13 and sent it back to Pf and I have been corresponding with Pf and believe he's feeling whole and enjoying his new instrument, if I can say that... Pf.... Don't want to put my words inaccurately...

I'd like to thank Joe and Blackbird for their helpful communication and service in this process and transaction. From all of my contacts, Joe and Blackbird have been very thoughtful, considerate, and concerned with their customer's satisfaction with their instruments. Thanks to Pf, too, for working patiently on all this with Joe and myself.

Peace and goodwill to all.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:50 PM
Charter Member

I love it when a plan comes together on AGF....

Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 04-09-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnuuhiwa View Post
Personally, if the buyer found the guitar unplayable (there are many definitions of what is unplayable, action being only one...for others it might be neck profile, or width at the neck, or string spacing, or...) and was willing to return it to me in the condition I had shipped it - at his cost, I would be o.k. With returning their payment, less the cost of initially shipping the guitar to them.
Yes, I agree. This is just a cost of doing business at a distance, I'm afraid.

Kolaya Carmen, Trek parlor (by Harv L), Martin 000-28EC, Taylor GC-5 and 355.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber