The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 06-06-2022, 07:51 AM
Guest 61722

Default Seatrain

If you are old enough to know who Seatrain is, then you might be old enough to help me track down the chords and tabs for the songs on the album of the same name:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4osxPDynuxE

Alexa? Siri? Anyone?

Help!

Since the moment I christened my new guitar "Alice," I cannot get the song "Willin'" out of my head. (I see my pretty Alice in every headlight... Oh Alice, Alice, Alice.)
Old 06-06-2022, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janinep7 View Post
If you are old enough to know who Seatrain is, then you might be old enough to help me track down the chords and tabs for the songs on the album of the same name:

Alexa? Siri? Anyone?

Help!

Since the moment I christened my new guitar "Alice," I cannot get the song "Willin'" out of my head. (I see my pretty Alice in every headlight... Oh Alice, Alice, Alice.)
"

Don't remember Seatrain, but if you're collecting lyrics it's "Alice, Dallas Alice."
Old 06-06-2022, 08:16 AM
Guest 61722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
"

Don't remember Seatrain, but if you're collecting lyrics it's "Alice, Dallas Alice."

Thanks!

When I look at that album cover, I swear I am thirteen years old again listening to it on my Radio Shack record player.

It's a time travel thing.
Old 06-06-2022, 08:26 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:

Alexa? Siri? Anyone?

Help!

I’m very familiar with Sea Train, which rose from the ashes of The Blues Project. I enjoyed a lot of their music.

However…Willin’ is a Little Feat/Lowell George song, although Linda Ronstadt did a nice version of it.

Hearing Sea Train do it is a perfect example of “too much”, but maybe I’m just too old….

Regards,
Howard Emerson
Old 06-06-2022, 08:46 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:

Alexa? Siri? Anyone?

Help!

Um.....I decided to google Seatrain song book, and it looks like you're in luck if you're okay with the price:

https://tredwellsmusic.com/seatrain-self-titled

Best,
Howard Emerson
Old 06-06-2022, 08:51 AM
Guest 61722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Emerson View Post
Um.....I decided to google Seatrain song book, and it looks like you're in luck if you're okay with the price:

https://tredwellsmusic.com/seatrain-self-titled

Best,
Howard Emerson
Howard, you are a genius!

That price is a bit steep, but it give me an idea. I may be able to score a copy at the greatest source of out of print books in the world - the public library.

Possibly through inter-library loan! Yippee!!! Thanks for the find. :-)

(I can also look on eBay)
Old 06-06-2022, 08:53 AM
Guest 61722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Emerson View Post
I’m very familiar with Sea Train, which rose from the ashes of The Blues Project. I enjoyed a lot of their music.

However…Willin’ is a Little Feat/Lowell George song, although Linda Ronstadt did a nice version of it.

Hearing Sea Train do it is a perfect example of “too much”, but maybe I’m just too old….

Regards,
Howard Emerson
I doubt you're too old.
I will have to listen to the other two versions. I think all the songs on that Seatrain album kind of work together as one musical experience. I like their version of Willin' but now that I know there are others, I'll have to compare.

I just discovered a few other versions of "Loves Me Like A Rock," beyond the Paul Simon one. It's amazing how different artists interpret the same song.
Old 06-06-2022, 08:54 AM
Guest 61722

I just realized this thread got moved to the Play and Write forum. I had not made it this far on AGF. More fun stuff to explore.
Old 06-06-2022, 09:04 AM
Guest 61722

Public Library to the rescue... It's on its way to me now!

Do you know that book originally sold for $3.95?
Old 06-06-2022, 09:30 AM

See if any of these are of help

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...to+play+willin
Gibson J200
Furch MC Yellow Gc-CR SPA
Guild G212
Eastman E2OM-CD
Old 06-06-2022, 09:43 AM
Charter Member

Everyone has covered Willin’ at some point, it seems. Funny, I was singing it in my head all day yesterday.

Once you’ve discovered Willin’ it’s time to move up to Dixie Chicken.
2019 Martin D-18, LR Baggs Element VTC
2021 Gibson 50s J-45 Original, LR Baggs Element VTC
Old 06-06-2022, 09:54 AM
Guest 61722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from Brooklyn View Post
Thanks, Bob. I had not gotten that far yet. I'm still in disbelief at my good fortune in inheriting such a nice guitar yesterday!

Shane Simpson, aka "Guitar at Work" is one of my favorite teachers on YouTube. I will look at his tutorial first. He is a great guitarist and explains things very clearly. His written song sheets are also very good.
Old 06-06-2022, 09:55 AM
Guest 61722

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1j View Post
Everyone has covered Willin’ at some point, it seems. Funny, I was singing it in my head all day yesterday.
Duet some time at Front Porch?
If you'd be Willin'...
Old 06-06-2022, 10:20 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Public Library to the rescue... It's on its way to me now!

Do you know that book originally sold for $3.95?
Do you know that a Les Paul Standard ('Burst') only sold for about $250 in 1958-1960?

Add 3 zeros now.

Glad it worked out for you!

HE
Old 06-06-2022, 11:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

Alexa? Siri? Anyone?

Help!

This is a little off the subject, but in the early 1980s I got to know John Gregory very well. He and I played a couple of Martin acoustic guitars in a church group with my wife and several other folks. He was a great guitar player, and he and I had a lot of fun making music together.

He had been working nearby on the Satsop nuclear site project as a carpenter. As the nuke site wound down here and his job was at risk, he packed his family up and moved down to Texas headed for another similar project. That was the last I ever saw of John Gregory. It was a very sad parting; we had gotten to be really good friends.

- Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write