The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-06-2019, 08:42 PM

Default NGD that almost was: Larrivee OM05 (w pix).

I had been shopping around for an OM axe. I was leaning towards one of the Larrivee 40 series. There was a couple of open box models for less than their discounted new price. I also saw an OM05 open box. It was almost as low as an OM40, before discount. Since MF listed it as their top manogany model, it was adviertas having electronichs, and it has a gorgeous gross finish, And a heavily discounted open box model, I went ahead and jumped at the opportunity.

It arrived within 4 days. Very impressed with the quality, and th3 sound. It looked new. First thing I noticed is it was missing the pick up that was listed in the item page.
Second, I definitely found it a little more “Taylor-ish” due to the sound and bling. Very beautiful. I do find Taylor’s a little easier to play. I had been hoping for more of a “Martin-ish” mahogany rwarmer/woody sound. I was given the option to return it, exchange it, but not get a discount for their mistake. They said that was their basic model, and not the one with electronics, which made more sense, as it was almost a grand less than new.

I immediately picked one of their open box OM40’s, and wait for the exchange, shipping, etc. After almost 2 weeks, it is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Anybody find the same differences between the Larrivee OM05 and OM40? OM40 owners, how do you like yours.

I took a few pix before returning it. The pictures don’t do it justice. I am sure I couldn’t have gone wrong had I kept it. Anyone interested, it was up for sale on their site.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2309.jpg (26.8 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2310.jpg (31.1 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2311.jpg (43.2 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2312.jpg (25.1 KB, 60 views)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion