The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-04-2015, 05:06 AM

Default CF in Germany?

Hi all,

I'm new here, a professional musician living in Germany, and I find the info on CF guitars here intriguing. I'm a big fan of both hi-tech and custom instruments (Germany has a lot of top-notch acoustic luthiers), but it seems nobody here talks about them and they are seemingly close to non-existent! I have seen that one company produces in Ireland, and one US manufacturer has a retailer in the UK, but that's about it. I travel internationally, and I love the idea of a guitar being mostly impervious to changes in temperature and humidity; and the sound I've heard on Youtube vids is pleasing enough to my ears that I would really like to try one out in person. CF manufacturers: any of you planning to be at the Frankfurt fair? Anybody know of some as-yet hidden source in Germany?

Just finished reading a thread on why you don't see CF guitars on TV & such that unfortunately went south & got closed. Don't really want to reopen a can of worms, but one of my potential concerns is the limitation on the amount of tweaking that can be done to really personalize the instrument- I realize the body is likely a complete no-go due to the nature of the molds etc., wondering about neck width, tuning key alignment & a bunch of other things that surely tie into the manufacturing process... any manufacturer want to take this offline with me, feel free to contact me with the links available under www.majiken.de !

Thanks in advance, Kenny
Old 03-04-2015, 07:50 AM

You can customize almost anything you can imagine with Emerald in Ireland. Neck width, scale length, frets to the body, truss rod or not, double necks and much more.

Blackbird in the USA also is doing more custom offerings and is innovating with new materials too.

Rainsong and CA in the USA have excellent guitars but your choice may be limited to finish types and with or without electronics usually. More than than that, you need to look at Emerald or Blackbird.

There is another newer builder that seems open customization--their name slipped my mind right now. They are much higher cost but I've read they are superb guitars. Someone will share their name, I'm sure.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:36 AM

There is a carbon luthier in Germany, . . . Leviora Guitars, see the following link:

http://leviora-guitars.de/en/
Old 03-04-2015, 12:05 PM

Gents, thank you very much!! Man, I played a house concert in Osnabrück on Sunday, had I known then what I know now

Your input is greatly appreciated!

www.majiken.de

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber