The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-07-2019, 08:35 AM

Default St Louis Music SIGMA

Hi everybody. I have a question regarding the St Louis Music Co. SIGMA guitars, introduced a few years back: have they been discontinued? A local music shop says the they have indeed been discontinued, and if so, that's a shame, because they were/are some wonderful players. I have an SD-15 solid top that is REALLY a good substitute for a Martin D-15, which is what I had originally looked at...till I saw the price! So, what happened to this particular SIGMA brand? Thanks, Ricci
Old 02-07-2019, 09:04 AM

Sigma are still in production, they're now sold under the Kindred name in the US.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:24 AM

Hi, Silurian. I know about the Kindred brand, all the flack there about SIGMA name, etc. From everything I can glean, these are two totally different brands. The SIGM i have is distributed by St Louis Music.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:45 AM

I too, had a SLM Sigma. It was a 000-18 copy. It was a nice git. Sounded good, played nicely. It was reasonably priced.

SLM was half-hearted in marketing the line. I think the Sigma guitars were built by the same concern that built most of the Alvarez guitars, (also SLM) but I don't know that for sure.

Then, of course, there are are the AMI Sigmas. They were not available in the states as Sigmas. They were poorly marketed under the Kindred brand.

I think you can find the all hog SLM Sigma guitars via an Amazon seller.

St. Louis just let their Sigmas fade away, IMO.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion