The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-30-2020, 08:09 PM

My second Martin was an OM21 after playing an OM15 for a couple of years. I still remember marveling at the richness of the sound when I played it first. I used it mostly with my folk band and some fingerstyle solos. Great memories.
Enjoy your new guitar. You did good!
Christian
Old 03-30-2020, 08:15 PM

Welcome! I am deeply envious of that OM-21. Beauty!
Old 03-30-2020, 08:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Strings MI View Post
Having seen those bridge pins on Stew Mac's Web site...if they're priced by the each, I can see why Martin uses plastic bridge pins. Plastic bridge pins on a nearly-new guitar wouldn't bother me nearly as much as seeing a well-worn guitar with a steep asking price and a set of mismatched bridge pins.

That notwithstanding, the OM-21 looks q, and has clearly gone to a good home. Congratulations!
No, the Waverly pins are priced per set of six. The Ebony set is $8.66, while the bone sets go for $30+, so it’s in line with other nice pins. But, then there’s shipping. I first found the ebony pins on Amazon — to be fulfilled by StewMac, but with prime shipping they were $19! Since I would effectively be paying about $10 shipping either way, I went back to the StewMac site and added other goodies to my cart to consolidate under one order.

BTW, the ebony pins are really nice. The heads are polished and they fit in the OM-21 is perfect.

Last edited by FreDrummer; 03-31-2020 at 06:55 AM.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:26 PM

Ebony pins would be a nice and inexpensive upgrade, then. If/when I get a Martin (cautiously optimistic that it's now a matter of when), it'll get a set of nicer bridge pins.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:50 AM
Charter Member

Very nice guitar. Enjoy.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion