The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-26-2020, 05:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkstott View Post
You're sounding good!!

Just curious, have you tried holding the notes with your left hand fingers a little bit longer? Is staying on the fret for as long as possible..

I may be way off base, but my ears seem to tell me that I'm hearing notes cut short.
Could be! Nothing worse than a half note getting played as a quarter note

Youtube!

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 03-26-2020, 05:43 PM

Some squeaks are hard to completely eliminate, but if you play it very slowly and try to lift and plant the left fingers more vertically it could help. Remember to add no more pressure than needed. If you are planting with your right fingers, perhaps reviewing Bill Kanengiser's You Tube on planting with the right hand. To get more in the stroke, without adding more left hand force, try thinking about your right arm like cello player and then doing full strokes with your fingers, allowing your stroke to come from the base joint and following through up into your palm, to get the feeling of completely stroking through the string. Perhaps have the initial contact as close to where the nail meets the skin as possible on the corner of the nail. Go super slow for this, just a measure or two at a time, gentle diaphragm breathes and sit up as relaxed as possible.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical