The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 03-19-2020, 10:06 AM

Default The Covid Blues

What a great time to write a chorus or full song about the virus we are all dealing with. Music is a good filler of down time or down feelings.
So how about your Covid Blues? Share your original blues here! Just lyrics or recordings are good.
Alvarez
Fender Strat '69
Gibson 1942 Banner LG-2 Vintage Sunburst
Gibson SJ-200
Taylor Myrtlewood 12 string
Emerald X20
Godin Montreal w/piezo
Old 03-20-2020, 05:33 AM

Some inspiration here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yN77cNM_uk

(Just make sure when you play that jug that everyone else is standing at least six feet away...)
Old 03-21-2020, 05:44 PM

Here's daddy stovepipes newest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nps37b8cD-w
'95 Collings 0002H
'80s Martin M36
Old 03-22-2020, 11:40 AM

I am a medic and have just returned from a weekend shift; something I haven't done for a few years because I'm pretty senior. However, there aren't enough of us to go 'round at the moment.

So, play the "covid blues" if you like, but keep it respectful. I'm watching people drop like flies in numbers I've never witnessed before in my entire career. Several people have died long before their time, and many many others will also do so before this is over.

Steve
Old 03-23-2020, 07:02 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
I am a medic and have just returned from a weekend shift; something I haven't done for a few years because I'm pretty senior. However, there aren't enough of us to go 'round at the moment.

So, play the "covid blues" if you like, but keep it respectful. I'm watching people drop like flies in numbers I've never witnessed before in my entire career. Several people have died long before their time, and many many others will also do so before this is over.

Steve

Thanks for working on the front lines, Steve. I’ll make one of my songs about health care workers’ dedication during times like these.
My mother’s father and two older sisters died in the flu outbreak of 1918 so I definitely have a respect for what we are in the midst of and know that it will get worse before it gets better.

Writing and playing songs sure is a good antidote to the isolation and can help keep spirits up as we move through a time that will be bleak for many. I’ll look forward to hearing people’s songs and sharing my own.

Best,
Jayne
Old 03-23-2020, 02:52 PM
Charter Member

Change the words to "My Sharona" and you have the ideal vehicle for a "My Corona" song.

Oops, somebody is already on it...

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write