The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 08-07-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim McKnight View Post
A big hearty Amen! I have often said that it takes [me] as much time to finish a guitar as to build one and in some instances (like this one) even l-o-n-g-e-r!

BTW, nice boat John!
Sounds like the 80/20 rule, doesn't it? (the last part of the work will take the longest).

Great post Tim! Sounds like you could turn this into a novella. Just be glad that Kurt was helping you out and not Stephen King!
Old 08-07-2011, 06:57 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Sounds like the 80/20 rule, doesn't it? (the last part of the work will take the longest).

Great post Tim! Sounds like you could turn this into a novella. Just be glad that Kurt was helping you out and not Stephen King!
Kurt is an English prof so maybe all this hanging out with him is finally paying off? Nahhh, I "ain't" buyin' it"
Old 08-07-2011, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim McKnight View Post
Kurt is an English prof so maybe all this hanging out with him is finally paying off? Nahhh, I "ain't" buyin' it"
Classes don't begin until the last week of August; until then, I'm officially off-duty. Besides, compared to many of my students, your grammar, syntax, spelling and word-usage is superb, Tim. Now, if only my luthier skills were commensurate with your language skills! I guess hanging out with you in your shop got me by in a pinch.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:58 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feste View Post
Okay, I have held back long enough... I want make sure I have this right so I can keep a straight face when I tell Kurt's students he was stripping for 14 hours!!!

Man I love this forum

Oh, the things we learn in this forum. Maybe next time I'll get more pictures for you!

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:25 AM
AGF Sponsor

Tim, If you were to right a book, I would buy it. This event and along with other stuff that you have put to the key pad, brings back memory's, some good and some bad. Maybe you should right a book some time?
Im glad it all worked out and having Mary along for the ride is an asset, you both make a great team.
Keep up the great work!, How we respond and not react in the face of adversity shows the character we have and when others see that, is the seed that will last forever. Thanks for planting good seed!
Old 08-12-2011, 02:40 PM
*mahoganut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by John How View Post
John - too cool! I've never seen a lateen-rig with a headsail... new config for me!

Tim, Kurt, Mary - great story and great ending, and I agree with the sentiment that it requires a strong person to tell about their weakness!

Phil
Old 08-12-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riorider
John - too cool! I've never seen a lateen-rig with a headsail... new config for me!

Tim, Kurt, Mary - great story and great ending, and I agree with the sentiment that it requires a strong person to tell about their weakness!

Phil
Phil, it's actually just a standing lug with jib. Note the boom jaw. Thanks & it sure is fun.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop