The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-15-2017, 05:28 AM

Would like to try this out. Looks cool!
Old 01-20-2018, 04:11 PM

Resurrecting this thread... I discovered and tried one of these amps today at a local music shop. To my ears, it is the nicest sounding amp for that price point that I have ever played through. I was playing a <$500 guitar, a Guild 240-CE, with Guild's A-1 electronics.

The EQ is extremely musical and the onboard effects are very useable, and I really like the chorus. The tone from the amp was rich, and I feel, very accurately reproduced the sounds and nuances of an acoustic guitar. I demo'd an Audix OM-5 through channel 2, and that sounded great as well. The onboard reverb added a nice touch.

It is about the size of the Fishman Loudbox Performer, maybe not quite as tall. Light enough, portable, and would work very well for a solo act, maybe even a duo, if a person could EQ a mic and guitar through the same channel well enough (maybe that wouldn't be doable). However, for $1000, it is one heck of a piece of gear.

On another note, I gave the Keeley Caverns V2 and Keeley Compressor Pro a run-through as well. Both are amazing pedals, and they both sound excellent on acoustic guitar! The shimmer on the Caverns is amazing and the compressor is so musical, virtually studio quality.

Last edited by JWJ915; 01-20-2018 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWJ915 View Post
Resurrecting this thread... I discovered and tried one of these amps today at a local music shop. To my ears, it is the nicest sounding amp for that price point that I have ever played through. I was playing a <$500 guitar, a Guild 240-CE, with Guild's A-1 electronics.

The EQ is extremely musical and the onboard effects are very useable, and I really like the chorus. The tone from the amp was rich, and I feel, very accurately reproduced the sounds and nuances of an acoustic guitar. I demo'd an Audix OM-5 through channel 2, and that sounded great as well. The onboard reverb added a nice touch.

It is about the size of the Fishman Loudbox Performer, maybe not quite as tall. Light enough, portable, and would work very well for a solo act, maybe even a duo, if a person could EQ a mic and guitar through the same channel well enough (maybe that wouldn't be doable). However, for $1000, it is one heck of a piece of gear.

On another note, I gave the Keeley Caverns V2 and Keeley Compressor Pro a run-through as well. Both are amazing pedals, and they both sound excellent on acoustic guitar! The shimmer on the Caverns is amazing and the compressor is so musical, virtually studio quality.
Great update. It looks like a great amp but some felt the verdict was still out on its vocal capability.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggg View Post
Which sounds impressive although there is a school of thought that 1 megohms is all you really need for hi fi sound, going north of there looks good on paper. Unless they've figured out a way to make their inputs sound 5 times better.
I thought that number to be odd as well.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:43 AM

Thanks for the questions and comments on the Acoustic Array PRO. The input section of the amp is versatile for a wide range of input impedances and works well with a side range of pick ups and preamps.

As for a question earlier in the thread, yes all mic and instrument inputs can be used at the same time, the blend together on each channel and do not cancel each other out.

While this model might feel familiar to other models in our past heritage, it is really an all new platform and the speaker system design is dramatically different than most available
Old 01-29-2018, 12:18 PM
Charter Member

Hey, thanks for stopping by with that information!

Looks like an exceptional amp. Hope to hear a vocal through it online at some point.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:58 PM

The man himself...

McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

Last edited by kramster; 01-29-2018 at 03:31 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscom View Post
Hey, thanks for stopping by with that information!

Looks like an exceptional amp. Hope to hear a vocal through it online at some point.
Hey Chriscom, I think you will find a vocal track on Nashville artist Lance Allen's youtube channel.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Genzler View Post
Hey Chriscom, I think you will find a vocal track on Nashville artist Lance Allen's youtube channel.
Or maybe not; I don't even see a vocal mic in the whole video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaSvdXQ9Hgw&t=153s

Definitely sweet for guitar. But that wasn't really in question.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggg View Post
Or maybe not; I don't even see a vocal mic in the whole video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaSvdXQ9Hgw&t=153s

Definitely sweet for guitar. But that wasn't really in question.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le9izXYRuEg
Old 01-30-2018, 11:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
Much thanks to Jeff Genzler for the nudge and Dave for finding the video.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
K. While I'd question Lance's vocal EQ choices, the amp does sound robust for vocals with ample bottom end. Quite a lot of contenders out there now!
Old 05-10-2018, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Genzler View Post
Thanks for the questions and comments on the Acoustic Array PRO. The input section of the amp is versatile for a wide range of input impedances and works well with a side range of pick ups and preamps.

As for a question earlier in the thread, yes all mic and instrument inputs can be used at the same time, the blend together on each channel and do not cancel each other out.

While this model might feel familiar to other models in our past heritage, it is really an all new platform and the speaker system design is dramatically different than most available
Seems really awesome, but I miss the removable head that the C 300 had. And it is almost 10 lbs heavier
Old 02-01-2019, 12:15 PM

Old thread, wondering if anyone is using one of these. Nearest dealer to me is over 150m away. I see there is now a smaller version, with a bare-bones vocal channel 1.

Last edited by Sound of Wood; 02-01-2019 at 12:50 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification