The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 02-18-2020, 04:57 PM

Default 1979 Taylor 510 Guitar (1,185.00)

This one roars like a lion! From the 1970s with Adirondack top & Mahogany back and sides. Old and rare with a low serial number!

Fantastic 1979 Taylor 510 acoustic dreadnought guitar in great condition for sale. This is a phenomenal one and I don't know if I ever heard a better sounding 510 new or old. This ones got "big Taylor Tone" which you can search for many, many years or decades to find. You old "Taylor guys" that are reading this are saying "Yup", I know what he's talking about. You Guild, Gibson and "Martin guys" will be in for a wonderful surprise.

These older Taylor dreadnoughts made in Lemon Grove California are a whole different animal and have a sweeter and more robust tone than lot of of the newer ones. A good sounding old Taylor dread is all-most impossible to beat (tone-wise) and will probably walk all over any of the big name guitars from the same era. She sounds way better than any of the modern 510s I have played. If you have never owned a big sounding old Taylor Dreadnought than your in for a huge surprise, if you have owned a big sounding old Taylor dreadnought than you know what I'm talking about. I have played many Taylor guitars including some more expensive models and this guitar stands head and shoulders above any all of them.

this guitar produces huge sound that keeps its clarity regardless of how hard you lean into it, whether finger-picking, flat-picking or strumming heavy or light. The older the Taylor guitar the better they sound and this one has had 41 plus years of aging to bring out the wonderful tone. It will hold it's own against any guitar made at any price. Great condition with some honest & respectable play-wear that any 41+ year old guitar would have and some checking in the clear lacquer finish, but over-all in great shape and structurally as solid as a rock. She is a classy looking dreadnought and would be a wonderful addition to anyone's "stable" or "herd". All solid woods (Mahogany back/sides with Adirondack Spruce top) and Comes none original hard-shell case as-well.

Absolutely wonderful acoustic guitar that I would like to see go to a good home and someone who will respect and appreciate her. If your real tight on money I can let you have her for a little less without the case.

I'm willing to sacrifice this amazing instrument for $1,185.00 as I am thinning the proverbial "herd", (and that's a give away price for this guitar)! I am also willing to drive and meet half way up to 200+ miles (so if you were 200 miles away we would each drive 100 miles and meet about half way). I'm located in the Concord NH area. Or I would be willing to ship in a very well packed, foam filled safe as you can get box with insurance and tracking for the actual shipping cost (and my instrument packing is second to none!) Thanks for looking. [email protected]
IMG_9536.jpg

IMG_9537.jpg

IMG_9551.jpg

IMG_9539.jpg

IMG_9540.jpg

IMG_9549.jpg

IMG_9543.jpg

IMG_9544.jpg

IMG_9545.jpg

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars