The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-23-2021, 08:33 PM
Charter Member

I post on Craigslist, eBay, Reverb and then on AGF (usually for a lower price).

Whichever sells first, I take down all the other ads.

No problem selling on any of them. I prefer AGF because its "home" and everyone is "family".

eBay and Reverb are fine because they offer protections. Craigslist is cash only and in person, no shipping.

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 01-24-2021, 10:22 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pura Vida View Post
I admit having apprehension about shipping, but it's also the costs. $100-150 can be absorbed into a $2000+ purchase, but it really erodes into a $1000 or under transaction. The ones in between can go either way, I suppose.
Recently when I sold a guitar on facebook I created an invoice on Paypal and sent it to the person. Doing that I was able to create a label via PayPal and it allowed me to open a UPS account which then qualifies me for half off shipping. It costs me between 40-50 bucks now to create a shipping label. Granted, I have my own insurance policy so I use a declared value of $100 on my shipments.

I mention that here because I don't know that a lot of people know about these discounted rates available.
Old 01-24-2021, 10:41 AM

I traded in guitars for one purchase. In the past few years, I have sold three guitars on consignment. Those two methods are the most stress and hassle free ways that I prefer to use even though consignment involves a fee.
'18 Martin GP-28E
'65 Epiphone Zenith archtop
Old 01-24-2021, 11:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJesse View Post
Recently when I sold a guitar on facebook I created an invoice on Paypal and sent it to the person. Doing that I was able to create a label via PayPal and it allowed me to open a UPS account which then qualifies me for half off shipping. It costs me between 40-50 bucks now to create a shipping label. Granted, I have my own insurance policy so I use a declared value of $100 on my shipments.

I mention that here because I don't know that a lot of people know about these discounted rates available.
That's really good and helpful info. Thx for sharing!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion