The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-16-2020, 09:52 AM

I'm a fan.
Obviously, that's more popular in Europe, specially France, Germany and Netherlands but it seems there are also lots of amateur in the US.

Mass producers are Saga (Gitane), Altamira and few other but these are very specific instruments and you still find a lot of luthiers.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:58 PM

I am also a big fan of the music typically played on these guitars. Also a fan of the guitars as players even tho I have only played a couple and can’t play any Gypsy Jazz. However, my friend Zan MacLeod has one he had made and I’ve heard him play all sorts of music on it. He more than ‘makes it work’. Love playing it and love the sound. I fooled around on it a few times playing the same shins I play on my jazz box. Would have one in a heartbeat if I wasn’t maxed and could figure what I would let go to make room. I think they are often a long scale and that would be something I would have to avoid. Believe Eastman has introduced one and it figures to be a good one in the price range.

Jeff
Flammang RS35, Flammang el35, SC 000 12 Fret ss, SC H13, SC PJ, Rockbridge 00, Eastman 810ce, Recording King RPH 03, Martin LX (on loan), Martin 0018vs (given to Godson), Lowden F388c (traded), SC OM (traded), Martin OM28v (traded), Martin 00017s (sold), Bourgeois Martin Simpson Slope D 12 fret (sold), Larrivee Parlor (traded), Larrivee L05MT (sold), Gibson LG1 (sold), Seagull Folk (traded)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion