The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-16-2020, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd612 View Post
? ? ? ?
sorry. left out that the measurements are not even on Gibson web site.
Old 02-16-2020, 05:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M19 View Post
There's a Maple beauty FS on the forum now.
Yes. And a John Walker Ruby Elite--his SJ, also in Maple.

Tangential but related to the WHM's inquiry, I checked out something interesting this weekend. A J100 Special from the early '90s. It's basically a shallower-bodied 185 (Everly Bro's reissue). You can love or hate the big-*** double pick guards, but the slightly reduced depth was much more comfortable than a standard SJ. I am small and have been looking into this matter quite a bit lately so it was good to find something affording the opportunity to test out the shallower/comfort relationship. I am highly unlikely to find a J185 around here to compare with, but have been using a friend's SJ w/similar specs. I wish I could comment on sound, but the shop was super small and the electrics were being put through paces 10 feet away. Could hear precisely nothing!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion