The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 05-27-2019, 01:13 PM

Default Help with mystery guitar!

Hi to all. I recently purchased custom made guitar from an individual that didnt play, just found it at an estate sale, so i have not a clue about the builder. It is a very nice solid wood acoustic, sounds incredible, and looks beautiful in person. Only one problem, it has no name or mark of any kind to identify the maker! I have looked and looked even on the bottom side of the top, and nothing. I was hopping someone here might could shed some light on a possible maker. I will try to post the pics. Thanks in advance, Barry. Maybe i can email someone here the pics, to post for me. Cant post them

Last edited by Kingbwb; 05-27-2019 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Problem with pics
Old 05-27-2019, 03:04 PM

Try using tapatalk or the AGF app to post pics...
Old 05-27-2019, 03:07 PM
Charter Member

King, between the two apps, you'll need to use Tapatalk since you are not (yet) a charter member. You may also post pics using a third-party host like Imgur. Take a look at this thread and don't hesitate to PM me if I can help you.
Old 05-27-2019, 09:46 PM
Charter Member

You might try putting a phone inside the guitar and getting pictures of the top - many builders will sign of date the inside of the top, usually down below the bridge. But it can be hard to find or see. Many larger shops - if they individually voice their tops - will have that person sign the top, or sometimes they’ll leave a message for some future repairperson to find.

Its also possible that it was a hobby built guitar, or a kit, and there may be no markings. Then all that matters is how well it plays and sounds to you -

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop