The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-08-2012, 10:02 PM

Default Thanks

I talked to him and he does have the one I'm looking for. Thanks for the heads up. I would have not found it without you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchen Guitars View Post
AcousticMusicWorks.com

Steve had a couple the last time I was in his shop. They look great! I don't know if they have made the web site yet.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyFrank View Post
What a crock. 99% of their customers want to see carbon fiber? Who are these people, the kids in Guitar Center playing Stairway to Heaven on $129 Peavey electrics? And where are these carbon exposed Cargos. As I recall the first ones were all blue than all white. Honestly think CA would have been better off going through bankruptcy instead of selling to these guys. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Peavey known for budget instruments and amps and isn't CA more of a boutique brand?

Hey, while you guys are waiting for more Cargos to show up you can pick up a Peavey Composer for $179.99. It even comes in burst.

Wow! An all-wood sunburst Cargo!! Now we're talkin'!

Tony
Old 03-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warndt View Post
I'm really wanting the NEW PEAVEY Cargo in sunburst or tobaccoburst.

Is there any way I can find out if Peavey will be offering this option in the, hopefully, not too distant future?

Thanks!!
William

UPDATE:

QUESTION TO PEAVEY:
I'm wanting to purchase the new Peavey CARGO in the tobaccoburst (or Sunburst) finish. Can you tell me if this will become an option in the near future... or should I just try to locate a used one with this finish?

PEAVEY RESPONSE:
We have no plans to bring that back at this point. We find that 99% of our customers want to see the carbon fiber.

Product Manager
Composite Acoustics
In case someone from Peavey reads this forum. I am one of the 99% as far as politics go but evidently I am one of Peavey's 1%. When CA brought out the Cargo I was not open to a Green or Blue guitar for $799, but jumped at the chance to pick up a Tobacco Burst for $1499. A much larger margin for the same guitar with a little paint and buff added to the process. Seems like something I would at least offer as a custom option for us 1% folks with the GAS and the CASH.

Why can't we just get along
Old 03-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfort Player View Post
In case someone from Peavey reads this forum. I am one of the 99% as far as politics go but evidently I am one of Peavey's 1%. When CA brought out the Cargo I was not open to a Green or Blue guitar for $799, but jumped at the chance to pick up a Tobacco Burst for $1499. A much larger margin for the same guitar with a little paint and buff added to the process. Seems like something I would at least offer as a custom option for us 1% folks with the GAS and the CASH.

I have the big brother GXi in tobacco burst. Great finish and player!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:08 AM

Recently paid $900 for a really nice used Cargo HG TB. Seems like a no-brainer to me when a regular used Cargo brings $800 or so. Not a lot of HG Cargo guitars out there in the used market, so if you find a TB my advice is you buy it! As to the Peavey "99%" statement, I am not buying that for a second. The production cost for the burst guitars is the problem, not the lack of a market to sell them.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:44 PM

Default Cargo

I wanted to tell all of you guys thank you for helping me out with some places to check out. I found the one I was looking for with your help.

Thanks
Old 06-05-2012, 12:33 AM

Just picked up a new Cargo on Ebay in white gloss finish for $950 delivered.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:59 AM

Peavey is marketer and they don't offer the tobacco burst cause it is expensive to make, I think it added 4 days to the production. Also it is a skill to do that they were hand painted. The guy that did these got very good at it. I love my TB Legacy and hope they never do another! feedback from the 1%!!!!
2001 Michael Keller Koa Baby
2014 Godin Inuk
2012 Deering B6 Openback Banjo
2012 Emerald Acoustic Doubleneck
2012 Rainsong JM1000 Black Ice
2009 Wechter Pathmaker 9600 LTD
1982 Yairi D-87 Doubleneck
1987 Ovation Collectors
1993 Ovation Collectors
1967 J-45 Gibson
1974 20th Annivers. Les Paul Custom
Old 06-05-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff56 View Post
Just picked up a new Cargo on Ebay in white gloss finish for $950 delivered.
Great buy Jeff56! I think I know where you got it, the seller is an authorized dealer who seems to be having trouble moving his CA's. Last month he had a new gloss GX for under $2000. Interesting that just a few months ago used Cargos were selling for a bundle and now new ones are being discounted on eBay.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:55 PM

I've seen pictures of the white CAs and they look very cool. And that is pun intended, because I've read multiple complaints from people who play their dark CF guitars in the sun. The white should be much more comfortable to play in the sun. I also really like the gloss finish. I think it sounds better than the raw and doesn't have the issues the RT had with being noisy when you contact the top.

Enjoy your new toy.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:53 PM

We've sun-tested the white and blue cargo's outside along with a black GX: the black gets burning hot quickly, the blue gets warm but not burning hot, and the white stays cool. The white one is our choice for a beach guitar or sun lovers hands-down, but we'd take a blue one to the beach too.
facebook
Instagram
Old 06-09-2012, 12:56 PM

i live in spain and have lots of gigs under summer sun and i can tell you that a raw cargo can get HOT. well... isn't it a really hot guitar? a white cargo would be a wonderful option. i played one and it really looks cool and the finish is absolutely top notch. they sound was a bit mellower and warmer also
Wes Lambe 8-strings
Avalon dread
...and some old fender, basses, violins, harps...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber