The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-16-2018, 08:33 PM
Charter Member

Default Aer compact 60/3 Can I plug cd player in it

Can you plug cd player or laptop
Taylor mini Koa,
huss and Dalton 00 sp Engelmann and rosewood back and sides
Felix preamp
Aer compact 60/3
Fishman loadbox performer
bose s1 pro

Last edited by stevety; 06-18-2018 at 07:18 AM.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:16 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevety View Post
Can you plug cd player or laptop
Hi s

Of course. What is your concern?

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 06-18-2018, 09:03 AM

Seems as though it has one XLR input and one 1/4" input. So if you're planning to run a guitar (1/4") and a mic (xlr) with the cd player, you would need a small mixer to get another input into the amp.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
Seems as though it has one XLR input and one 1/4" input. So if you're planning to run a guitar (1/4") and a mic (xlr) with the cd player, you would need a small mixer to get another input into the amp.

Hi YG

The XLR input on channel 2 of the AER is called (casually) a Neutrik combo plug - which means it can accept XLR OR ¼" cables.

Neutrik is a brand, and many combo plugs came from the Neutrik company, and early on they were being called that. Kind of like Tootsie Roll, or YoYo, or Frisbees are made by lots of companies…

The point is he can plug either ¼" or XLR cables into Channel 2 of the AER 60/3. He might be able to run the CD into the insert channel as well.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 06-18-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi YG

The XLR input on channel 2 of the AER is called (casually) a Neutrik combo plug - which means it can accept XLR OR ¼" cables.

Neutrik is a brand, and many combo plugs came from the Neutrik company, and early on they were being called that. Kind of like Tootsie Roll, or YoYo, or Frisbees are made by lots of companies…

The point is he can plug either ¼" or XLR cables into Channel 2 of the AER 60/3. He might be able to run the CD into the insert channel as well.

I'm familiar with the Neutrik combo plug, and with Neutrik connectors as well.

As for the insert you describe, does that mean the CD player could be patched in via the return portion of the effects loop? If so, that's cool. I wouldn't have thought of that.

And, LJ, I checked out your link and enjoy your music.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
I'm familiar with the Neutrik combo plug, and with Neutrik connectors as well.

As for the insert you describe, does that mean the CD player could be patched in via the return portion of the effects loop? If so, that's cool. I wouldn't have thought of that.

And, LJ, I checked out your link and enjoy your music.
Hi YG

I'm not positive it can be brought in through the effects loop, but on many devices, things can be inserted that way. It's how you insert an effects pedal, and I've found all I needed to bring in an external player was to try the effects loop. It's worth a try, and won't harm anything.

Thanks for listening…

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification